Author Topic: Obama on Republicans: 'Next Thing You Know, They'll Say, Get Off My Lawn!'  (Read 717 times)

Oceander

CNSNews

Obama on Republicans: 'Next Thing You Know, They'll Say, Get Off My Lawn!'

April 3, 2014 - 5:13 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - Speaking at the University of Michigan University in Ann Arbor Wednesday, President Obama told students that Republicans don't like them and don't want to help them.

Students greeted his remarks with applause and cheers.

"I'm determined to do my part to lift wages, improve take-home pay any way I can," the president said in making his pitch for a higher minimum wage.

"Here's the problem," he continued. "You've got some Republicans saying we shouldn't raise the minimum wage because -- (chuckles) -- they said this: Because, well, it just helps young people. Now, first of all, I think it's pretty good to help young people," he said to cheers and applause.

"You know, I -- I don't know what's wrong with helping young people. You know, the folks who say that probably -- next thing you know, they'll say, get off my lawn! (Laughter.)

[VIDEO AT LINK]

Obama said raising the minimum wage should be a "no-brainer," and he made it clear that his criticism was aimed at Republicans in Congress -- not at "Republicans out in America," some of whom "get paid the minimum wage, so they want to see a raise."

"Republicans in Congress don't want to vote to raise it at all. In fact, some want to just scrap the minimum wage. One House Republican said it's outlived its usefulness. (Laughter, jeers.) No, that's what he said. Others said -- (boos) -- no, no, no, don't -- don't boo; organize," Obama urged the students.

He said congressional Republicans won't hear boos, but they can read a petition and see votes.

Obama also attacked the Republican budget released this week by Rep. Paul Ryan, explaining how it "would shrink opportunity for your generation" while giving "a massive tax cut to households making more than $1 million a year." He called it a "stinkburger."

And he mocked Republicans for having "one original idea, which is to repeal Obamacare -- because they haven't tried that 50 times."

According to the Congressional Budget Office: Increasing the minimum wage would have two principal effects on low-wage workers. Most of them would receive higher pay that would increase their family’s income, and some of those families would see their income rise above the federal poverty threshold.

But some jobs for low-wage workers would probably be eliminated, the income of most workers who became jobless would fall substantially, and the share of low-wage workers who were employed would probably fall slightly.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-republicans-next-thing-you-know-theyll-say-get-my-lawn#sthash.8Hx9HePc.dpuf

Offline rustynail

Obama, get off my planet.

Offline aligncare

The worst demagogue we've ever had in office, next to FDR.

Oceander

The worst demagogue we've ever had in office, next to FDR.

I think he's giving FDR a run for the money!

Offline Millee

How about FOAD, Mr. President.   :dx1:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

:patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
 :nometalk:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Catchy little 'zingers', fake 'stuttering'. "I..I..I..just thought those Republicans, would... would, get a clue once in a while...we are what the folks want..." [cheers and applause]

Saying the word "folks" every third or forth word. Obama is America. It is all vapor and meaningless. And America loves it.

Obama is the 'Bart Simpson' President, and that what most of America wants, apparently.

However, the Obama schtick only works in America and the ingrained subservient media. Nobody anywhere else in the world is buying his 'shuck and jive', 'I'm just one of the 'folks'', Presidency. Only time will tell the incedible amount of damage this fool has done to our country and our children.

But nonetheless, he does represent the majority of America today, a full grown child.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

He cares so much about young people he wants them ignorant, uneducated, unthinking and perpetually on the government dole.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The very fact we have an American president able to spout off like that...to cheering throngs...should scare the living shit out of you.

THAT'S REALITY!

Always wondered if generations of long gone Americans ever felt oppressed and hated by the government and half the populace.

Woodrow Wilson's time?  FDR's?

We're just one Supreme Court Justice from losing it all.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:39:45 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He cares so much about young people he wants them ignorant, uneducated, unthinking and perpetually on the government dole.

Apparently the young people are pretty okay with that. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
[[ Obama on Republicans: 'Next Thing You Know, They'll Say, Get Off My Lawn!' ]]

If only they would.
If only they would...

Offline aligncare

As members of the loyal opposition, I'm beginning to sense a certain cynicism and displeasure with the current administration from you all. Am I just imagining?  :silly: