Author Topic: Russia regrets NASA halting cooperation, experts warn of impact on intl space work  (Read 326 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

Online NavyCanDo

If I would of said to you in 1985 that  by 2014 if we wanted to send Americans into orbit, we would have to have the Russians take us there you would have said I was a damn liar.   
The Space Shuttle program should have not ended before having another means of getting men into space replacing it, be it NASA or a Private entity. .   I can understand cost cutting, but they could he have scaled back the number of flights until the new program was up and running.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
If I would of said to you in 1985 that  by 2014 if we wanted to send Americans into orbit, we would have to have the Russians take us there you would have said I was a damn liar.   
The Space Shuttle program should have not ended before having another means of getting men into space replacing it, be it NASA or a Private entity. .   I can understand cost cutting, but they could he have scaled back the number of flights until the new program was up and running.

Agreed.  At this juncture I think private parties should be given the green light to go all out for it.  there have already been some successful private sub-orbital shots; there ought to be a orbital shot as soon as possible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf