Author Topic: Stability & comfort over democracy: Russians share preferences in poll  (Read 298 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Seventy-one percent of Russians say they are ready to sacrifice civil freedoms to maintain stability, order and personal well-being, according to influential pollster VCIOM.

The other 29% are wondering how they're going to afford the airfare out of Russia, permanently.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
The other 29% are wondering how they're going to afford the airfare out of Russia, permanently.
Some people want out of most places, that repress and limit one's economic wellbeing.

Some that don't want to leave, are followers who cling to the comfort of the known group or tribe, and miseries, however lousy the outcome.

Others are adventurers, willing to take risks to get somewhere better. Although typically they write the group back home, urging them to follow.

So let Russians decide for Russians, but not for Finns and Czechs and Ukrainians.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Some people want out of most places, that repress and limit one's economic wellbeing.

Some that don't want to leave, are followers who cling to the comfort of the known group or tribe, and miseries, however lousy the outcome.

Others are adventurers, willing to take risks to get somewhere better. Although typically they write the group back home, urging them to follow.

So let Russians decide for Russians, but not for Finns and Czechs and Ukrainians.

oh but they're only "helping" poor trapped ethnic russians get the chance to decide, dontcha know?  :silly:

Offline olde north church

What good is liberty if my belly is empty?
       Dimitri Vradonovostokoviche
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf