Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:05:50 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
Don't drool too much on your keyboard; it's not good for the electronics!  :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »
Lest anybody doubt Hybrid, it is here to stay and is thoroughly proven technology.

So much so that Formula 1 uses it, ALMS (LeMans Series) uses it.

Porsche has a $1,000,000+ supercar like the Ferrari.

If the former Big Three were intending to remain competitive in the world, they'd have introduced Hybrid Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes by now.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 12:41:05 PM »

If the former Big Three were intending to remain competitive in the world, they'd have introduced Hybrid Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes by now.

Agreed

I think the main issue with hybrid is not that it doesn't represent the future - it does, and it represents common sense because it makes more efficient use of available energy resources - but rather the way it's being pushed politically and the way that ideologues are attempting to force market behaviour from the top down rather than letting the market work its magic and get us those super-efficient hybrid Mustangs as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:42:45 PM by Oceander »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
Agreed

I think the main issue with hybrid is not that it doesn't represent the future - it does, and it represents common sense because it makes more efficient use of available energy resources - but rather the way it's being pushed politically and the way that ideologues are attempting to force market behaviour from the top down rather than letting the market work its magic and get us those super-efficient hybrid Mustangs as soon as possible.
My younger brother is very, very conservative. He wants an electric plug-in Porsche.

He and his wife currently have 3 Porsches. They crashed a fourth.

There is no government coercion in his desire to have a technologically advanced vehicle.

Across Europe people chose dioesel for their passenger vehicle purchases over 50% of the time. GM just introduced their first such diesel, while VW and Audi have had several for man years. Same for BMW and Mercedes. (Audi now sells their biggest sedans with diesel, in the US - A8 and A6)

As for Hybrids, Toyota has clearly led the way.

The fact is the American auto industry went to sleep one day in Detroit, and conceded the game. Now taxpayers are being asked to add a fifth and sixth quarter to the game.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 01:41:50 PM »

The fact is the American auto industry went to sleep one day in Detroit, and conceded the game. Now taxpayers are being asked to add a fifth and sixth quarter to the game.

I wish you'd stop agreeing with me!  :smokin:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 01:55:21 PM »
Agreed

Great post. Total agreement.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf