• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: April 03, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »
here's an incoherent example:  in NY State, milk has to be sold by a certain date in NYC, and for the rest of the state by a date that's 2 days later than the NYC date.  Apparently, there's something in NYC that makes milk spoil faster than in the rest of the state - perhaps it's the level of lib-think pollution in the air?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »
Especially for baked goods...

When they reach their sell-by date, they get picked up by the vendor, put right back in the boxes and sold to another store for a (usually much) lower price.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »
Especially for baked goods...

When they reach their sell-by date, they get picked up by the vendor, put right back in the boxes and sold to another store for a (usually much) lower price.

True! I put stale donuts in the microwave to soften them again. When I was a teenager, I worked in a cheese factory. We would take molded cheese, cut the mold off for the cows, and recook the rest of the cheese. Back around the time of the Middle Ages, they did the same thing, only ate the good cheese after the mold was cut off.
You can do the same with jelly that molds on the top. Just scrape it off, and the rest of the jelly is good. It sounds bad, but if times get really bad, it's something to think about.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf