Author Topic: Dem. rep threatens: act by Cinco de Mayo, or Obama will act alone  (Read 261 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Rep Threatens: Act By Cinco De Mayo, or Obama Will Act Alone

"I saw it in his eyes."

|
 Albert Merrick |

Rep. Luis Gutierrez said on the House floor Wednesday that President Obama was poised to grant amnesty to the millions of illegal immigrants currently living in the United States.

Insisting that Obama was "heartbroken by the pain deportations cause", Gutierrez threatened that, if the Republicans don't pass immigration reform, the President will do it himself: "If you don’t act in the next 34 days – if you refuse to give the President a bill he can sign because you do not trust him to enforce immigration laws, even though he has spent more money and deported more people than any President before him, he will act without you.

He has alternatives under existing law.

There are concrete ways within existing law to help keep families together and spare U.S. citizens from losing their wives and their husbands and their children to deportation.

In spite of your lack of action!

And the President is going to do it.

I saw it in his eyes when I met with him.

34 days from Wednesday is the day after Cinco De Mayo.

Tuesday, Jessica Vaughan, the Director of Policy Studies told Truth Revolt Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro that Obama was poised to act independently on immigration, since "he is starting to recognize that nobody’s trying to stop him with the executive action."

Despite Rep. Gutierrez's claims as to President Obama's personal feelings on the subject, the administration argues that deportations have reached historic levels under Obama, a claim Vaughan's Center for Immigration Studies sharply disputes. The Center's new report found that true deportations are down 40% since 2011 and that the administration has used an unprecedented method of counting deportations to tout false "record numbers."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/dem-rep-threatens-34-days-act-immigration-or-obama-will-act-alone
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:14:28 am by rangerrebew »