Author Topic: Carter blames Jews for lack of contact with Obama  (Read 291 times)

rangerrebew

Carter blames Jews for lack of contact with Obama
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:52:57 am »
Carter Blames Jews for Lack of Contact with Obama

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On April 4, 2014 @ 12:40 pm In The Point | No Comments

Jeremiah Wright and Farrakhan had that same explanation for why Obama wasn’t talking to them. It’s interesting to see the kind of intellectual company that Jimmy Carter has ended up in.

I wonder how Obama will explain why no one is talking to him after he leaves office.

When asked on NBC’s Meet the Press yesterday by Andrea Mitchell why it was that Barack Obama never called upon him for advice, he made it clear that the Jewish state was the reason he has been treated like a pariah:

“I—that’s a hard question– for me to answer—you know, with complete candor. I think the problem was that– that in dealing with the issue of peace in– between Israel and Egypt– the Carter Center has taken a very strong and public position of equal treatment between the Palestinians and the Israelis. And I think this was a sensitive area in which the president didn’t want to be involved.”

Lest anyone think this was a slip of the tongue, he repeated the assertion in more stark terms this morning during a fawning interview with Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough on the same network’s Morning Joe program:

“I think that sometimes an incumbent president doesn’t want to be very friendly with me because it might looked upon as more friendly toward the Palestinians instead of the Israelis. So we try to be balanced. That’s the only issue that separates me from Obama anyway. And I was very proud of him when he made a speech in Cairo and said no more settlements when he said the 67 borders would prevail except for minor modifications. Those things are very compatible with what I believe.”

It doesn’t occur to Carter that maybe the reason that Obama avoids him is that there’s no political percentage in it. Carter was an embarrassment on foreign policy and has only become more so over the years with his pandering to dictators, but more significantly he was a disaster on domestic policy and is associated with economic malaise.

Enough people were accusing Obama of being Carter II that he didn’t especially want to reinforce that image.

But it’s always easier to blame the Jews.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/carter-blames-jews-for-lack-of-contact-with-obama/

Oceander

Re: Carter blames Jews for lack of contact with Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »
senility can be an ugly, brutish thing.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Carter blames Jews for lack of contact with Obama
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:07:55 pm »
Jimmy Carter is Uncle Leo, in reverse. To Uncle Leo, it was the anti-Semites. To Jimmy, it's the Joooos.
UNCLE LEO: Look at this, I told them medium rare, it's medium.

JERRY: Hey, it happens.

UNCLE LEO: I bet that cook is an anti-Semite.

JERRY: He has no idea who you are.

UNCLE LEO: They don't just overcook a hamburger, Jerry.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org