Author Topic: Exclusive: House Republicans' Secret Immigration Ploy  (Read 189 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Exclusive: House Republicans' Secret Immigration Ploy
« on: April 02, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Exclusive: House Republicans' Secret Immigration Ploy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »
Ok, you put your butt on the line, and you get permanent residency.  Seems a fair trade to me.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:33 PM »
This isn't much of a stretch. We've given immigrants - even those with just temporary visas - expedited citizenship if they serve honorably in our military for awhile now. To extend that to the Dreamers - young people who were brought here illegally when they were still under the age of 15 and who have lived here for years - isn't much different. They're people who are willing to risk their lives to defend our country; we have more reasons to applaud them than to punish them.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
This isn't much of a stretch. We've given immigrants - even those with just temporary visas - expedited citizenship if they serve honorably in our military for awhile now. To extend that to the Dreamers - young people who were brought here illegally when they were still under the age of 15 and who have lived here for years - isn't much different. They're people who are willing to risk their lives to defend our country; we have more reasons to applaud them than to punish them.

much more eloquently put than I did

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf