Author Topic: Ted Cruz Has Reportedly Landed A Richer Book Deal Than Palin  (Read 464 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz Has Reportedly Landed A Richer Book Deal Than Palin
« on: April 02, 2014, 01:39:57 pm »
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-book-deal-advance?utm_content=bufferd9ee6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Tom Kludt – April 2, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT

Ted Cruz is about to get Sarah Palin money for his book deal.

In fact, the Washington Examiner reports that Cruz's deal with HarperCollins to write a "personal memoir about his controversial days in Washington and his vision for the future" will be worth even more than the $1.25 million advance awarded to Palin for her 2009 book "Going Rogue."

Cruz's $1.5 million advance not only exceeds Palin's haul, but it dwarfs the six-figure book deals given to 2016 contenders like Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Ted Cruz Has Reportedly Landed A Richer Book Deal Than Palin
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:44:19 pm »
I have mixed emotions, only because of my total disgust with the political class. I don't begrudge someone making money, if it's legal and ethical, and a book deal is certainly both of those.

But, for some reason I get that feeling that we're being played. It sucks not being able to trust a soul in the political class.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 01:53:12 pm »
I have mixed emotions, only because of my total disgust with the political class. I don't begrudge someone making money, if it's legal and ethical, and a book deal is certainly both of those.

But, for some reason I get that feeling that we're being played. It sucks not being able to trust a soul in the political class.

I'm going to suspend judgment until I read the book. I would hope it to be outward-focused and idea-driven, as opposed to petty and self-serving. If Cruz is as smart as he seems to think he is, he'll opt for the former approach.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:57:52 pm »
Given the size of the advance, it's going to be more sensationalist than anything else.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:07:48 pm »
Given the size of the advance, it's going to be more sensationalist than anything else.

Maybe not. The publisher could be banking on his popularity with a large selection of the right. It seems that everyone thinking of running for President has to have a book out before they declare now - that is one thing that changed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »
Maybe not. The publisher could be banking on his popularity with a large selection of the right. It seems that everyone thinking of running for President has to have a book out before they declare now - that is one thing that changed.

it won't be full of detailed analysis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 08:28:19 pm »
it won't be full of detailed analysis

Probably not - though I would expect detailed analysis of failed policy. I don't expect it to be a puff piece, that backfired badly on Obama and Cruz is much smarter than that. I also don't expect any "composite" girlfriends etc. Ted Cruz understands that every single thing in the book will be checked and verified from multiple sources by a hostile press.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:28 pm »
Probably not - though I would expect detailed analysis of failed policy. I don't expect it to be a puff piece, that backfired badly on Obama and Cruz is much smarter than that. I also don't expect any "composite" girlfriends etc. Ted Cruz understands that every single thing in the book will be checked and verified from multiple sources by a hostile press.

One would hope he'd have that view, but past practice of too many republicans leaves me less than sanguine.