Author Topic: Poll: Obama approval edges up  (Read 590 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Obama approval edges up
« on: April 02, 2014, 01:03:39 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=74ED3A1F-282C-4F2C-AD56-59ECE932E619

Poll: Obama approval edges up
By: Tal Kopan
April 2, 2014 06:33 AM EDT

President Barack Obama’s job approval is up slightly in a new poll, but Americans still give him an overall negative grade and disapprove of his handling of foreign policy.

Americans disapprove of the job Obama is doing 50 percent to 42 percent, according to a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday. The numbers were up slightly from Quinnipiac’s polling in January, when Obama saw a 40 percent approval rating and 54 percent disapproval.

As the situation in Ukraine and Russia continues to draw headlines, Americans gave Obama a negative grade on foreign policy, with 39 percent of voters approving of his handling of international issues and 55 percent disapproving. On Ukraine specifically, voters gave him a 41 percent to 47 percent approval.

Voters were evenly split on whether Obama or Russian President Vladimir Putin is a stronger leader, with 42 percent each.

Meanwhile, with midterm elections looming in November, voters shifted slightly back in favor of Democrats on a generic ballot. Voters said they would vote for a Democrat over a Republican, 40 percent to 38 percent, a reversal from the 38 percent to 37 percent advantage Republicans enjoyed in January.

Americans also have a more favorable view of Democrats in Congress than Republicans, with 30 percent approving of the job Democrats are doing and 18 percent giving good marks to Republicans.

Quinnipiac surveyed 1,578 registered voters from March 26-31 for the poll, which has an error margin of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Poll: Obama approval edges up
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:38 pm »
Consider the (by now, "normal") poll sample:

Republican 24%
Democrat 32%
Independent 35%

...and also the fact that nearly 100% of the news media are applauding and clapping like trained seals before the Boy King every day, refusing to report his lies, as lies.

It's a miracle that so many people are still awake and thinking for themselves. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 01:37:01 pm »
We can fight amongst ourselves all we want. Whine and complain and accuse each other of either being purists or closet liberals, but I told you this was coming. The media goes into full court press, circles the wagons, and the stupid public will believe what the media says, even if it contradicts what the public experiences in their daily life.

There will be no Republican wave in November. It may be a modest gain, at best.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 01:38:55 pm »
Consider the (by now, "normal") poll sample:

Republican 24%
Democrat 32%
Independent 35%

...and also the fact that nearly 100% of the news media are applauding and clapping like trained seals before the Boy King every day, refusing to report his lies, as lies.

It's a miracle that so many people are still awake and thinking for themselves.

It may be a miracle, but there's not enough of us.

I can't adequately express my rage at the media. I was taught never to wish bad things on others, but in the case of the media, I'm going to have to ignore that teaching.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 01:49:07 pm »
It may be a miracle, but there's not enough of us.

I can't adequately express my rage at the media. I was taught never to wish bad things on others, but in the case of the media, I'm going to have to ignore that teaching.

I think we have a couple of things going for us, and it matters:

People are fed up and pissed off, in significant numbers, and they are far more likely to vote this fall than Obama's fat 'n' happy "Gummint" hammock-denizens.

Also, the lying "news" media are lying to a smaller audience every day. Look at their ratings: the public is tuning it out and turning it off. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:53:34 pm »

People are fed up and pissed off, in significant numbers, and they are far more likely to vote this fall than Obama's fat 'n' happy "Gummint" hammock-denizens.

Also, the lying "news" media are lying to a smaller audience every day. Look at their ratings: the public is tuning it out and turning it off.

I think the turnout is the only thing we have going for us. I know moderates who are disgusted with Obama, but still don't like Republicans, (not sure I can blame them). But, the makeup of the electorate in the off year election will be more of the informed type, people like us, who aren't happy at all.

I think people are tuning out, but they're not going the alternate route, they're simply choosing to be totally ignorant.

Offline Millee

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 01:58:00 pm »

I pray that you're right, Andy.   :0001:

I work in a very liberal town *spew*  and the "Ready for Hillary"  "I ♥ Obamacare" bumper stickers enrage me, but they're everywhere.  :#@$%:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »
I pray that you're right, Andy.   :0001:
I work in a very liberal town *spew*  and the "Ready for Hillary"  "I ♥ Obamacare" bumper stickers enrage me, but they're everywhere.  :#@$%:

Wait until they get their premium increase notices this year.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:04 pm »
We can fight amongst ourselves all we want. Whine and complain and accuse each other of either being purists or closet liberals, but I told you this was coming. The media goes into full court press, circles the wagons, and the stupid public will believe what the media says, even if it contradicts what the public experiences in their daily life.

Yes, Rush was talking about this a bit yesterday, these people all believe what they see on TeeVee, to the max.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 02:55:54 pm »

I tend to agree with you Relic.  Everyone keeps talking about how we're going to win big this year, and I just wince.  I don't feel it in my gut, for several reasons. 

The biggest reason is that if we don't get out and vote in mass - we won't be able to counteract the massive cheating that is being set up right now to occur.  Progressives are going to stack the deck, they're not going to let go that easily. 

I look at the magazine covers while I'm standing in line at the grocery store....and I completely lose hope that there are enough people out there that actually care what's happening to our country. 

I look at the Republican party and I see a bunch of people that are dead-set on maintaining the status quo and their power structure - even to the point of adopting the Democrat platform.  Most Republicans I talk to - those that are still claiming to be members - are completely disgusted with the party!  If the GOP has it's way and stomps out anyone who might try to turn the Titanic around - I think many, MANY people will just be disgusted and give up hope...stay home on election day and decide to just enjoy what time they have left with their families, and just try to "cocoon" out the rest of their life.

These polls, although I don't take stock in their accuracy much - are very demoralizing to me.  I know that is their intent, it is effective.  We are being bombarded and it's only going to get worse while the powers engage in the full-court press up to the election.  Pray, pray, pray.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!