Author Topic: Mexican teen stabbed best friend 65 times after she posted naked selfies on Facebook: cops  (Read 381 times)

Oceander

NY Daily News

Mexican teen stabbed best friend 65 times after she posted naked selfies on Facebook:  cops
Erandy Elizabeth Gutierrez, 16, was arrested at Anel Baez's funeral days after she allegedly knifed her to death as revenge for uploading the 'humiliating' photos online.

BY Lee Moran
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 7:28 AM

A Mexican teen brutally stabbed her best friend to death for posting naked selfies of them together on Facebook, police said.

Erandy Elizabeth Gutierrez, 16, allegedly knifed Anel Baez, also 16, a horrifying 65 times in the vicious March 19 attack.

Cops believe she wanted revenge for the "humiliating" uploading of the revealing snaps.

Baez asked her former pal - who she had previously referred to as being her "sister" - over to her GuamĂșchil, Sinaloa state, home to try and patch things up, according to Mexican media reports.

When Gutierrez arrived she reportedly asked to use the bathroom - but then grabbed a knife from the kitchen and allegedly used it to repeatedly stab Baez.

After fleeing the scene, Gutierrez was arrested when attending Baez's funeral several days later.

Gutierrez had threatened her former pal over Twitter in the weeks before the alleged murder, according to Notus.

"It may seem that I am very calm, but in my head I have killed you at least three times," the site reports she wrote on a now-deleted account.

Since the attack, the pair's high school has been hosting lectures aimed at preventing similar tragedies. reports Cafe Negro.

Police are expected to charge Guiterrez with murder later this week.

However, under Mexican law, she will be prosecuted as a juvenile and may only face seven years in prison if convicted.

Online mountaineer

Just one of many reasons you shouldn't take naked photos of yourself, let alone post them online.   What the heck were these girls thinking?  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org