Author Topic: Skeletal remains found of identical twins dead in Tennessee home since 2011: police  (Read 392 times)

Oceander

NY Daily News

Skeletal remains found of identical twins dead in Tennessee home since 2011: police
Anthony and Andrew Jackson, 63, were reportedly in ill-health, but neighbors said their Chattanooga home was well-kept. A family member finally forced their way into the home over the weekend to find the two men dead.

BY Sasha Goldstein
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, March 31, 2014, 10:32 PM

63-year-old identical twins Anthony and Andrew Johnson's skeletal remains where found sitting in recliners in their living room in Chattanooga, Tenn. Authorities believe they died in 2011 and have been in the home undiscovered this entire time.

They were born together — and likely died together.

Two identical twin brothers were found dead in their Chattanooga, Tenn., house over the weekend — and police believe the men had been decomposing inside the well-kept home since 2011.

Anthony and Andrew Jackson, both 63, were found sitting in reclining chairs in the living room of their Acorn Court home, WRCB-TV reported.

A time-stamped receipt sitting next to some unopened cans of Coca-Cola gave authorities their best guess that the Jacksons, who suffered from diabetes and other health issues, had been dead since early 2011.

Police say the twins died in 2011, leaving neighbors surprised it would take family members so long to realize the men were missing.

The twins’ sister reportedly tried to get in the home in August 2011 to check on them, but could not get in the house.

Over the weekend, a family member did get a key and got into the house to make the grim find.

Neighbors never suspected the two had died because the house was in good order, with the lawn routinely mowed and the mail taken away.

Police don’t suspect foul play in the deaths of the 63-year-old twins, who reportedly had health problems.

“I heard one of them got sick and went to the hospital so I figured the other one moved in with a family member,” one neighbor told the TV station. “I didn’t know that they were inside the home.”

Police do not believe foul play is involved, but the skeletal remains will be examined to try to determine a cause of death.

Oceander

Police say the twins died in 2011, leaving neighbors surprised it would take family members so long to realize the men were missing.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.