Author Topic: Starbucks sorry after woman served drinks with ‘Satanic’ star and ‘666’  (Read 348 times)

Oceander

news.com.au

Starbucks sorry after woman served drinks with ‘Satanic’ star and ‘666’

6 hours ago April 02, 2014 6:10AM

STARBUCKS has apologised for serving a woman two beverages drizzled with a Satanic star and a ‘666’.

Schoolteacher Megan Pinion posted a photo of the offending beverages to Starbucks’ Facebook page, which she purchased at the Mall of Louisiana.

One of the drinks had a caramel star drizzled on top, which Ms Pinion said she somewhat understood as it is part of the Starbucks logo.

However, she was not as forgiving about the ‘666’, which The Bible’s Book of Revelations links to the Antichrist.

“This is how my coffee was served to me. I unfortunately can’t give the young man’s name who served it because I was so appalled that I could not bring myself to look at him,” she wrote.

“The star is almost okay because it is in your Starbucks logo, the 666, however was quite offensive.”

Ms Pinion, who is Catholic, said she wasn’t judging the barista’s beliefs, but was horrified by his unprofessionalism.

“I am in no way judging his beliefs or dis-meriting his beautiful artwork, I am however judging his lack of professionalism and respect for others,” she wrote.

“I am a teacher in the public school system and if I were to present a child of atheist of pagan believers with a Christian art project I could be sued in a heartbeat.

“I am of Catholic faith and would love to share my beliefs daily. Fortunately I have enough common sense to present myself with professionalism and follow and ethics code. Perhaps that could be suggested to that particular location.”

A spokesman for Starbucks said the company had apologised to Ms Pinion after seeing her post on their Facebook page.

“We reached out to her through social media and apologised,” said spokesman Tom Kuhn. “We’re taking the complaint seriously. We’re not sure who served her or what kind of beverage it is. It looks kind of caramel-ish in the photos.”