Author Topic: Kobe Bryant makes liberal black America angry  (Read 342 times)

rangerrebew

Kobe Bryant makes liberal black America angry
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:44:57 pm »
Kobe Bryant Makes Liberal Black America Angry

By Onan Coca   / 31 March 2014   / 410 Comments   

Kobe Bryant stirred some controversy in the African-American community recently for not abiding by liberal orthodoxy on the Trayvon Martin bandwagon. In an interview with the New Yorker, Kobe was asked about the Martin controversy and the reaction to it from his fellow NBA stars – in particular, the Miami Heat.

Many in the African-American community were quick to decide on George Zimmerman’s guilt and Trayvon Martin’s innocence as a victim. The New Yorker wondered if Kobe agreed… and that’s when the controversy started.

“I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” he said. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, we’ve progressed as a society, then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”  --- Kobe Bryant on Trayvon Martin Case

Kobe has taken quite a bit of heat because of his comments and Arsenio Hall recently invited ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith to discuss the controversy.

Stephen A. is exactly right. The African-American community and the liberal media decided that George Zimmerman was guilty right from the start – and nothing would ever change their mind. It is the exact same scenario that plays out time and again when race hustlers like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton get involved in a dispute or controversy. The facts are left aside and only emotional arguments matter…

Thank you Kobe and Stephen A. Smith for being willing to challenge the liberal orthodoxy in an attempt to find true justice. However, it’s not just the liberals or the African-American community that could learn from these comments… we conservatives have a tendency to do the same thing with our own causes. We should all strive to show patience and humility in an attempt to learn truth and to fight for justice.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/5411/kobe-bryant-makes-liberal-black-america-angry/#4yltmhw2lyXJxawF.99