Author Topic: What happened to the 40 million uninsured number used to pass Obamacare?  (Read 243 times)

rangerrebew

What Happened to the 40 Million Uninsured Number that Was Used to Pass ObamaCare?

Posted 9 hours ago by Common Constitutionalist Filed under ObamaCare

So yesterday was the day – the deadline date. The date to which we must have signed up for Obamacare. Or is it?

As they said in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie: “It’s more of a suggestion, then an actual rule.”

Ted Koppel of “Nightline” wrote, “What Moses brought down from Mt. Sinai were not the Ten Suggestions. They are commandments.” Since this administration doesn’t pay much attention to the Ten Commandments and treats them as mere suggestions, we shouldn’t be surprised that Obama and Co. are rewriting the Affordable Care Act on the fly.

It must be great working in this administration. If things aren’t going the way they planned, simply change the rules.

It’s like being a driver in a NASCAR race. You had a couple of bad breaks, but know you have the fastest car. You’re on the radio, lamenting to your crew chief, “If I only had six more laps, I could catch the leader and win this thing.” The crew chief then hears over the PA system that the race will be extended six laps.

I guess that is what happened to the implementation of Obamacare, again. They simply change the law – again and again and again.

As an aside, does it seem as if the public, and certainly the media, care just a little less every time this law is changed? As if this is the new normal? When Obama made his first illegal law change, there was a major uproar that, “he can’t just change the law like that”! Yet, with each subsequent occurrence of lawlessness, we complain a bit less. It’s almost as if we are purposely being desensitized to Obama’s Imperial actions. Just an observation.

Okay, so the deadline has apparently been extended for yet another few weeks, which I guess gets them closer to the goal of 7 million enrollees. Let’s not, at this time, quibble over the difference between “signed up” and “paid.”

Ah, the 7 million number. The number, we’ve been told, that will sustain Obamacare.

Well, I’ll give you another number, one we’ve not heard a single politician utter since the passage of Obamacare. That forgotten number is 45 or 50 million. Some estimates put it closer to 80 million. That was the number of uninsured the bleeding hearts and liars put forth to convince the country to support the idea of Obamacare.

It was a number of the poor, uninsured citizens. Remember that? Not a day went by that we didn’t hear of the hardship of the millions of uninsured and that we “must do something.”

On September 16, 2010, Kaiser Health news reported the latest uninsured figure rose to 50.7 million. It was a national tragedy. “In a word, this is devastating,” said Jonathan Oberlander, professor of social medicine and health policy at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

Socialized medicine? What the $%#@ is that?

The Kaiser report continued: “The health law approved in March mandates that nearly all Americans have health insurance. It would provide coverage to 32 million more Americans starting in 2014.”

What year is it? Oh yes, 2014. Just checking.

Back then, it was all about tugging on the old heartstrings. “The numbers are heartbreaking,” said Sara Rosenbaum, a professor of health law and policy at George Washington University. “If we need any more evidence of the absolute imperative of health reform, this is it.”

And then there’s this little gem from CNN in 2009: “The huge number of people without health coverage is worse than an epidemic,” Ron Pollack, executive director of Families USA, said in a press release. “Inaction on health care reform in 2009 cannot be an option for the tens of millions of people who lack or lose health coverage each year… The cost of doing nothing is too high.”

So what happened to all the uninsured? Did they just vanish, because I don’t hear anyone still advocating on their behalf. Seriously, when was the last time you heard of those 45 or 50 million people?

The answer is, we haven’t heard about them for years, nor will we.

And this just proves once again, what a sick political game Obamacare really is.

It just proves that the “law” was never about insuring the uninsured. It was always about one thing – the government wanting to control our lives.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15007/happened-40-million-uninsured-number-used-pass-obamacare/#dera9kVpKc4au1q4.99