Author Topic: Jim Clyburn's plea for Obama to do more  (Read 526 times)

Oceander

Jim Clyburn's plea for Obama to do more
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:45:24 am »
Politico

Jim Clyburn's plea for Obama to do more

By TAL KOPAN | 3/31/14 8:15 AM EDT Updated: 3/31/14 6:05 PM EDT

Veteran Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn said Monday that the White House could be doing more to help Democrats in November’s midterms.

The South Carolina Democrat said while he feels “real good” about where his party stands right now, there’s still room for President Barack Obama to help further with his political apparatus.

“No, they aren’t doing everything,” Clyburn said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in response to a question. “There’s some things I would like to see done, because there’s a lot of fundraising going on. I do not believe that fundraising will be key in November.”

Clyburn said what’s needed from the administration is ground game.

“I think the organization will be key,” Clyburn said. “And if we can get the White House to come in, or at least the president’s political operations, to help us at the state and local levels the way they did in Ohio and Florida, the mechanisms they put in place were just great.”

He said he didn’t think that was happening currently when asked by panelist Mark Halperin, who suggested Clyburn look into the camera and ask the president for his help.

“Well, no, I’m going to get on the phone and ask him,” Clyburn said.

Obama has committed to at least six fundraising events for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in coming months, including one he did earlier this month.

The White House and Organizing for Action did not respond to a request for comment.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Jim Clyburn's plea for Obama to do more
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:59 am »
Please have Obama out campaigning for Democrats.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline speekinout

Re: Jim Clyburn's plea for Obama to do more
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:46:16 am »
Please have Obama out campaigning for Democrats.

Oh, yes  :0001: