Author Topic: Emerging Consensus that LBJ Killed JFK?  (Read 596 times)

Oceander

Emerging Consensus that LBJ Killed JFK?
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:13:42 am »
Red State

Emerging Consensus that LBJ Killed JFK?

By: coolhand (Diary)  |  March 31st, 2014 at 01:10 PM

More than a thousand of books have been written on the John F. Kennedy assassination, yet there remains much controversy as to what happened that day in Dallas. To the casual observer, the Warren Commission’s narrative of three shots in six seconds by a lone gunman may appear to be plausible. Search a bit below the surface, however, and you find many inconsistencies that call into question the entire story.

With the passage of time and information explosion online and in books, the scope of the conspiracy and the cover-up in the JFK assassination comes more clearly into focus to anyone willing to wade through it, and look at it with fresh eyes.

Three books published in the time leading up to the 50th anniversary of the assassination present a common narrative that JFK was killed by a conspiracy led politically by Lyndon Johnson, and operationally by the CIA and J. Edger Hoover. In their books, The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ, by Roger Stone; LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination, by Phillip F. Nelson; Who Really Killed Kennedy?, by Jerome R. Corsi, the authors explain the psychology of LBJ, and how he conspired to bring together the details of the plot, and the cover-up that followed.

In them, we learn about a rush to advance the lone gunman narrative, about how evidence was mishandled and destroyed by the cleaning and refurbishment of the limousine, and how two mishandled autopsies on JFK’s body forever buried evidence that could explain much of what happened. We also learn how the plot to unfold, how the CIA was to bring in the sharpshooters and provide the patsy to take the blame. We learn how the FBI, on authority by LBJ himself, would handle the cover-up, and how LBJ would then appoint a blue-ribbon commission who would confirm the cover-up of the prearranged narrative.

Lyndon Johnson was a loutish psychopath willing to do anything to advance his rise to power. His rise was fueled by graft, corruption, and murder. Yes, murder. LBJ’s hitman, Malcolm Wallace, had killed seven other people in Johnson’s rise to power, including LBJ’s own sister, Josefa Johnson. LBJ’s high handed wheeling and dealing knew no bounds other than what he could keep from public exposure. Johnson was a ruthless politician who would go to any length to attain the presidency, including killing the president in order to assume his job. It is not much of a stretch to see a personality of his type behind the conspiracy.

The assassination of a president itself is shocking enough, but to think the succeeding president was behind the killing was beyond outrageous. It was unthinkable. Yet that is the truth we must face. Indeed, the public never seriously considered that possibility, and gave LBJ a benefit of the doubt he did not deserve.

Read more ...

Offline sinkspur

Re: Emerging Consensus that LBJ Killed JFK?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:20:24 am »
Erickson's website is drifting more and more off the rails.

This is the stuff of kookiness.  Seriously.

What is happening to Red State?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:41:41 am »
JFK conspiracy theorist points finger at LBJ
Michael Clancy, The Arizona Republic

From the article...
Zirbel makes the case that Johnson, and only Johnson, had the motive, the means and the opportunity to mount a conspiracy against the president.

The motive: political gain. There were political differences, personal issues, Johnson's involvement in several scandals and his desire to become president before he got too old.

The opportunity: Kennedy's visit to LBJ's home turf in Texas. Johnson and his associates controlled many of the trip's details.

The means: shots by multiple gunmen firing from the direction of the now infamous grassy knoll. Hired perhaps by Johnson associates in the oil business, who had ties to the Mafia, Zirbel insists, there were at least two shooters.

He also emphasizes that as president, Johnson had the means to block any serious investigation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/21/jfk-conspiracy-theorist-points-finger-at-lbj/3660765/

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:22:22 am »
You  know what it really doesn't matter anymore. I just don't care. I didn't like Lyndon Johnson and he was a terrible president but he is dead. I do believe it could have been the mafia who had a hand in this and I really doubt it was a lone gunman. Many things have happened when it comes to corrupt politicians who want power and it seems many die due to them but there is not a lot we can do about it so I refuse to worry about it. I don't like it I don't think it is right but I also know it goes on and nothing is ever done about it. Look at the present president he is an illegal rotten to the core criminal and many know it but nothing is done.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 05:04:35 am »
I go more for Occam's Razor.

There are insane people out there.
Insane people do irrational things.
Sometimes they get lucky.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:15 am »
I go more for Occam's Razor.

There are insane people out there.
Insane people do irrational things.
Sometimes they get lucky.

Has a British PM ever been assassinated?  I can't think except the Guy Fawkes affair but wasn't that about all the Parliament?
Thanks
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:45:01 am »
Has a British PM ever been assassinated?  I can't think except the Guy Fawkes affair but wasn't that about all the Parliament?
Thanks

Spencer Percival was assassinated in 1812 - American involvement is suspected there for some odd reason.  :tongue2:.

Otherwise, no. Someone tried to kill Margaret Thatcher with a bomb, and John Major with a mortar attack (should have heard that, was less than half a mile away but it were a damned noisy class), but both failed - the Irish conspirators ran out of Guiness or something. Some Scots guy tried to assasinate PM Peel - which was the impetus for a national police force.

The Guy Fawkes thing was pretty complex. It was a shitty time to be Catholic and he and a few buddies got the idea that blowing up the entire system might have some effect. He was a suicide bomber - there wasn't a hope in hell he could make it out in time. He was caught, the gunpowder was removed from the cellars of parliament and he was removed from his head, courtesy of a sharp axe.
Every year, we celebrate it. 5th of November. No one is sure if we are celebrating the failure of the plot or the idea of blowing Parliament up.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 01:49:02 pm »
  There was and is something fishy with the killing . Why archive the evidence for 75 years if there is nothing to hide ? I'll never live to see the truth but you can bet money there was a conspiracy.
   I've studied this quite extensively since 1966 when I had a choice of topic for discussion in a class. The one fact that gnaws at me the most is the the conflicting time allotment to fire the rifle . It has gone from 3.3 seconds (the condensed Warren commission report ) to 7.3 seconds on the latest "final" fact finding assessment on TV. 
  I'm in the middle of reading Larry Sabato's "The Kennedy half century". I doubt I'll learn anything of significance .
   There is and was a plot . Take your choice who was the one . Castro? Khrushchev? LBJ? Only time will tell. Two shooters ?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 02:03:22 pm »
The means: shots by multiple gunmen firing from the direction of the now infamous grassy knoll. Hired perhaps by Johnson associates in the oil business, who had ties to the Mafia, Zirbel insists, there were at least two shooters...

There is not one shred of hard evidence of a second shooter.  The only bullets ever recovered from the crime scene -- the most thoroughly examined crime scene in history -- came from Oswald's gun.  Much as people want to believe in conspiracies, I conclude the opposite of what Red State concludes.  All of the evidence of conspiracy has pretty much been debunked.  The only theory that has stood the test of time is the single bullet theory.  Oswald was the only shooter.

I remain open to the possibility of a wider conspiracy based on Oswald's seedy connections and Ruby's curious hit after the fact.  But the evidence in this direction is circumstantial and Occam's Razor may well yield the truth of the matter. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:03:52 pm by massadvj »