Author Topic: Mozilla CEO becomes untouchable for 2008 Prop-8 contribution  (Read 333 times)

Oceander

Mozilla CEO becomes untouchable for 2008 Prop-8 contribution
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:18:11 pm »
Red State

Mozilla CEO becomes untouchable for 2008 Prop-8 contribution

By: lifeofgrace (Diary)  |  April 1st, 2014 at 07:39 AM

As Erick Erickson is prone to say “you will be made to care.”  My friend Dr. Michael Brown posted about Brendan Eich being pressured to resign as CEO of Internet software company Mozilla.

So far, three board members at Mozilla have resigned in solidarity with employees calling for Eich’s resignation.

The double-standard here is so glaring that you have to be blind to miss it.  The employees calling for “inclusiveness” want to include only those who agree with them, on this one litmus test issue.  It’s about the most exclusionary and intolerant atmosphere imaginable.  Fall in line, or fall.

Brown wrote:

And this, of course, underscores the irony of the upside-down world in which we live: If you, as a business leader, say, “I believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman, in keeping with the definition of marriage throughout our history,” you are now dragging your company into the culture wars, creating undue controversy, mixing business with politics and alienating certain segments of the market.

But if you say, “I believe that we should radically redefine marriage, change our laws and our education system to reflect those changes, and create a new model previously unknown in history,” then you are not dragging your company into the culture wars or alienating certain segments of the market.

What’s not being widely reported is that Eich was one of the founders of mozilla.org, the nonprofit he now runs.  This is no outsider brought in to whip up profits, because it’s a nonprofit.  This is no outsider brought in at all.

Eich was one of the designers at the original Netscape in 1995, and worked on Javascript, one of the backbones of Internet technology today (if it weren’t for Javascript, most interactive websites, including blogs, would not function).  He’s a technical person, and served as CTO of Mozilla since 2005, and also on the board of the Mozilla Foundation.

Brendan Eich is the ultimate insider.

So what might have caused this flurry of calls for his head?  A single $1000 contribution to support Proposition 8.  In 2008.

This information didn’t really surface until 2012.  The gay press is out there sniffing through lists of everyone who disagrees with them.  All it takes is one person at a company who disagrees with you, and you could become untouchable.  Your whole career ruined.

This happened a few years ago when Dr. Frank Turek was fired from Cisco, because of his views, and because he publicly posted them (on his private blog, not related to Cisco).

The bar for becoming untouchable has been lowered significantly since 2011.  Now it’s unacceptable to have even made a small contribution six years ago to support something not in line with the liberal agenda.

In 2013, Pastor Louie Giglio was selected to give the benediction prayer at Barack Obama’s inaugural.  But because of a sermon he preached 15 or 20 years before, he was forced to withdraw.  The sermon simply outlined the Biblical sin of homosexual acts.  Giglio said,

Due to a message of mine that has surfaced from 15-20 years ago, it is likely that my participation, and the prayer I would offer, will be dwarfed by those seeking to make their agenda the focal point of the inauguration….Clearly, speaking on this issue has not been in the range of my priorities in the past fifteen years. Instead, my aim has been to call people to ultimate significance as we make much of Jesus Christ.

The trend is clear:  any words, actions, contributions, or even the hint that you might not support the left’s agenda of complete worship of the LGBT lifestyle, will disqualify you for any honor, privilege, high position, or job with responsibility.  It doesn’t matter if it was yesterday, last year, or 30 years ago.  If you haven’t “repented” of your sin of disagreeing with the agenda, you are excluded.

Blacklisted.

Untouchable.

Dr. Brown suggested in his book “A Queer Thing Happened to America” that the agenda is to put those who disagree with the LGBT lifestyle, particularly evangelical Christians, into the closet.  The latest events would indicate that they are closer to achieving this end.