Author Topic: Pete Ricketts for Nebraska Governor  (Read 191 times)

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Pete Ricketts for Nebraska Governor
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:11:30 PM »
Red State

Pete Ricketts for Nebraska Governor

By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  March 31st, 2014 at 04:30 AM

Pete Ricketts is running for Governor of Nebraska. I’m very happy to endorse his candidacy. Nebraska has a lot of farmers and one of the things Pete has championed is a proposal to reduce property taxes on family farms.

Pete is a fiscal conservative and also a solid social conservative. He’s long been involved in Nebraska politics and in conservative politics. He is the former CFO of TD Ameritrade, a company his father founded. He has also been involved with the American Enterprise Institute, the Platte Institute for Economic Research, and has used his ties and knowledge to help other entrepreneurs get off the ground.

Here’s the thing with Pete Ricketts. He’s got several opponents in the race. We’ve encountered one before in the US Senate race in Nebraska and didn’t much care for him then.

Frankly one of the other candidates, Beau McCoy, is a solid conservative candidate and my support of Pete is not against McCoy, but rather for Pete. But I know Pete Ricketts better, I know his engagement and passion for advancing conservatism, and I know he’d be a great Governor of Nebraska.
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Silence is Golden. Boredom is even better.
Re: Pete Ricketts for Nebraska Governor
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »
On Monday, July 20, 2009, TD Ameritrade agreed to pay $456 million to settle a lawsuit involving the marketing of a debt class that ended up crippling investors. As part of the settlement, TD Ameritrade is set to repurchase all auction-rate securities sold prior to February 13, 2008, from retail investors with accounts of $250,000 or less within the next 75 days

Before you bitch about the youth of today ... think about who raised them.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

Re: Pete Ricketts for Nebraska Governor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:27 PM »
1. Rich boy. Any accomplishments of his own?

2. Reduce farmers' property taxes? Why not auto dealers, and retail stores too?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo