Author Topic: ESPN Commentator Takes Stance That He Says Will ‘Upset’ a Lot of Black People: ‘When I Give a Damn, I’ll Let You Know’ | Video  (Read 395 times)

Offline happyg

ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith on Friday defended Kobe Bryant’s recent remarks on the Trayvon Martin case — and openly admitted his stance would “upset” a lot of black people.

Bryant recently told The New Yorker that he wasn’t entirely comfortable with the way several Miami Heat players wore hoodies in support of Martin following the shooting. He said he doesn’t react emotionally just because a certain case involves an African-American. Instead, he explained, people should relax and wait for all the facts to come out before rushing to judgement.

As TV host Arsenio Hall pointed out during his interview with Smith, the comments sent “black Twitter” into a frenzy. Bryant later said he felt Martin was “wronged” and justice wasn’t served.

“You can’t turn around and assume or think that people from other races are gonna ever to be fair to you if you aren’t willing to exercise fairness yourself. Lay back, listen to the facts, and then accord justice where it should be served,” Smith said, explaining Bryant’s comments. “Me personally, I definitely think [Bryant] was right on point with that.”

“I know a lot of black people are going to be upset about that,” he added. “Like I’ve told you, when I give a damn, I’ll let you know.”

Referencing the infamous Tawana Brawley case, Hall admitted he “went hook, line, and sinker with an opinion” before all the facts came out.

“You have to understand, when you make the mistake of jumping to emotional conclusions and being factually incorrect, your cachet diminishes,” Smith agreed. “As a result, once you make that mistake, you don’t get to come back from that.”

Watch the interview here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uPijRqYOYg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/30/espn-commentator-takes-stance-that-he-says-will-upset-a-lot-of-black-people-when-i-give-a-damn-ill-let-you-know/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think where most blacks are on Trayvon, is that he was followed because he was black, and the kid may have been scared and attacked Zimm, but didn't "deserve" to die for the attack.

I can find a little empathy for that position, but equally true is the kid brought his death upon himself, by attacking a stranger for no good reason.

Finally blacks are far more violent, than others. Their community should be asked to confront that, rather than claim victimhood and remain in denial.

When blacks murder so many of their own, why should I get worked up if one of mine kills one of them, in self-defense?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rivergirl

Blacks say what the preeezzzyyyy wants them to say.

Offline Charlespg

“You can’t turn around and assume or think that people from other races are gonna ever to be fair to you if you aren’t willing to exercise fairness yourself. Lay back, listen to the facts, and then accord justice where it should be served,” Smith said, explaining Bryant’s comments. “Me personally, I definitely think [Bryant] was right on point with that.”   
  HERETIC  :nono:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton