Author Topic: Caught in the Political Grinder  (Read 312 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Caught in the Political Grinder
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Caught in the Political Grinder
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »
If anyone wonders why Reagan's remark that "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are:  I'm from the government and I'm here to help" rings so true, that person need only contemplate this article.

Gone are the days of the prosecutor as wise public servant, interested only in doing justice to the public good, if such an one ever existed at all; exeunt wisdom, enter hellish tyranny.

This is what prosecutors do:  they destroy peoples' lives.  Yes, in order to wile away the time when they're not actively pillorying someone, your average prosecutor will do what he or she is supposed to do:  prosecute people who really have victimized people and present a real threat to the public order, but that is more a side effect of their power and position, it is no longer the purpose for which they've been given their power and position.

Yes, I am quite sure that there are still some good, honorable, conscientous prosecutors here and there - even in Nazi Germany during the height of WWII there were Germans, even in the German armed forces, who were still good human beings and tried to do what they could to help some of the individuals caught in the Nazi grinder - but their existence is more testimony to the depravity and viciousness of the system, not a refutation of it.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »
A good (but immoral) prosecutor can take an innocent person and turn him or her into a criminal, as in this woman. They can connect dots where no dots exist, sort of like how conspiracy theorists work. They can turn anything seemingly into evidence. Many over zealous prosecutors put victims in prison, only to find out through DNA years later, the person was innocent. If they would instead, work for the good of the people, rather than their personal interests, imagine the good they could do.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:37:14 PM »
A good (but immoral) prosecutor can take an innocent person and turn him or her into a criminal, as in this woman. They can connect dots where no dots exist, sort of like how conspiracy theorists work. They can turn anything seemingly into evidence. Many over zealous prosecutors put victims in prison, only to find out through DNA years later, the person was innocent. If they would instead, work for the good of the people, rather than their personal interests, imagine the good they could do.

I'm afraid that, at least for a generation, that system is fundamentally broken - another victim of 9/11 (and evidence of how great a victory they actually won over us) - and will remain so until a new generation begins to take over the senior levels of prosecutorial management.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »
Have you ever noticed police, prosecutors or judges aren't sentenced to send a message or set an example?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »
Have you ever noticed police, prosecutors or judges aren't sentenced to send a message or set an example?

yup

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
Good point.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf