• Administrator
« on: March 30, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:04:58 AM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
There was just an article posted here about how the problems at Secret Service are due to leadership failures, and that is exactly the case with this Marine as well. 

I find it difficult to believe that anyone on the official security detail for the President would (A) consider compromising themselves in such a manner and (B) be allowed to do so along with at least three Secret Service Agents.  In theory at least, these people are on official duty 24/7 for the duration of the trip.  They should not have any time to partake in anything like this while they are awake for as long as the security detail lasts.

This is how political leaders are set up for assassination.  This is how you get they guy you are responsible for protecting killed.  This kind of behavior never used to be tolerated until Homeland Scrutiny took over, and the result has been one leadership failure after another, after another, after another.  Heads need to roll on this for certain, but there have got to be some fundamental changes made to the way Presidential security details are run before we have another martyred politician.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »
The Marine was wrong. But I wonder who leaked this info. to whom. If the person getting this info truly cared about insubordination and lack of protocol causing danger to the POTUS. They would have dealt with it within and disciplined this Marine accordingly and not allow a leak to the press; causing a new security breach. The leadership needs questioned.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:53:58 AM »
This is how political leaders are set up for assassination.  This is how you get they guy you are responsible for protecting killed.

That is a thought. Not a good one - as much as I detest the Worm as a person, and I figure most of his detail do too, duty is duty and the office of the President still deserves respect and your full protection. You are around a principal to not be seen unless needed, if you get my meaning.

There is a culture of incompetence which you rightly point out is caused primarily by HS oversight of the Secret Service. The upper brass simply do not respect or understand the cultures and traditions of guarding the President, traditions that have served well for years. If the brass don't respect, why should the agents or Marines?

Heads should roll for this. Not the Marine in question - he deserves the biggest beat down of his life for stupidity and risking his colleagues, pain teaches where explaining don't - but top down. The people who encourage this culture, or worse still, don't prevent it.

Said in the other thread a good CO knows when to turn a blind eye to a bit of a tear but has to keep on top of everything, regardless. There is a distinct failure to keep on top of things going on right now. This, from an organization that has had my profound respect and admiration for the incredibly difficult and thankless task they do, is concerning.

Our Royal travel detail have a motto: "Don't be seen and do hurt." Cynical buggers they are!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »

This is how political leaders are set up for assassination.  This is how you get they guy you are responsible for protecting killed. This kind of behavior never used to be tolerated until Homeland Scrutiny took over, and the result has been one leadership failure after another, after another, after another.  Heads need to roll on this for certain, but there have got to be some fundamental changes made to the way Presidential security details are run before we have another martyred politician.

I don't see the 'problem'.  [/s]

.....and they can bury the SOB right next to the MLK exhibit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf