Author Topic: California's Obamacare sends voter cards pre-marked for democratic party  (Read 533 times)

rangerrebew

California’s ObamaCare Sends Voter Cards Pre-Marked for Democratic Party

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On March 29, 2014 @ 10:20 pm In The Point | No Comments

While conservatives talk, liberals build. While conservatives argue, liberals build infrastructure that they control.

While conservatives fine tune arguments, deciding which ideas to keep and which to ‘evolve’ on, liberals win the argument by building institutions around people.

A local couple called 10News concerned after they received an envelope from the state’s Obamacare website, Covered California. Inside was a letter discussing voter registration and a registration card pre-marked with an “x” in the box next to Democratic Party.

The couple – who did not want their identity revealed – received the letter and voter registration card from their health insurance provider Covered California, the state-run agency that implements President Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

They have lived in La Mesa for years and they have always been registered to vote Republican. Now, they are perplexed as to how the voter registration card pre-marked Democrat ended up in their mailbox.

“I’m an old guy and I never would have noticed it, except I have an accountant that notices every dot and dash on a piece of paper as a wife,” said the man who received the mailer.

Covered California began mailing out voter signup cards to nearly 4 million enrollees last week after being threatened with a lawsuit by voting rights groups. But that does not explain the pre-filled out voter registration card.

Getting out the vote and locking it in is half the reason why the left does anything. Its big plan is linking social welfare to voting. ObamaCare is just another link in the chain.

And why bother giving the sheep options? There’s only meant to be one option in the new Democratic California.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/californias-obamacare-sends-voter-cards-pre-marked-for-democratic-party/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I need some clarification here. Usual thing of a different and far simpler system.

If you register Democrat, are you obliged to vote Democrat?

I know in open primaries you'll get Dems voting for the weaker Republican candidate to clear the field for your guy (and if the Repubs don't do it too they bloody well should!) but otherwise, I have no idea what registration actually means.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

I need some clarification here. Usual thing of a different and far simpler system.

I know in open primaries you'll get Dems voting for the weaker Republican candidate to clear the field for your guy (and if the Repubs don't do it too they bloody well should!) but otherwise, I have no idea what registration actually means.

No, but registration numbers matter for other purposes, and the information is often obtained by political parties for use in targeting whom they'll contact.

It also demonstrates that the supposedly nonpartisan government is, in fact, a partisan weapon being used by the democrat party in an undemocratic way to secure their own political tenure.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :thumbsup2:

Thank you. Odd system.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't suppose those involved with this story, thought to capture a picture?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I don't suppose those involved with this story, thought to capture a picture?

The interesting thing to me is the color of the selection box. You don't normally have white-out in that color.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:59:11 pm by EC »

Offline speekinout

If you register as a Democrat, in many states you can only vote in the dim primary; not in the GOP primary. CA is probably the most open state. I forget the exact number, but maybe 20 states have open primaries for Presidential elections, and fewer have open primaries for other offices.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
CA is probably the most open state.

Actually the ONLY crossover voting in a primary is for those who register unaffiliated.

A democrat, peace & freedom, green, libertarian cannot vote in the GOP primary.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline speekinout

Actually the ONLY crossover voting in a primary is for those who register unaffiliated.

A democrat, peace & freedom, green, libertarian cannot vote in the GOP primary.

Thanks for the clarification. Not all states allow unaffiliated voters to vote in a primary, but there are states that have systems more open than CA's then.

Shame on me, I always think of CA as being the leftmost state in the country in every way.  :chairbang: