Author Topic: You Must Read This Op-Ed By The Milwaukee County Sheriff. You MUST.  (Read 521 times)

Offline happyg

See the happy looking fellow above?  That's Milwaukee County, Wisconsin's sheriff David A Clarke Jr, and he recently wrote an op-ed for the WA Times which is brutally honest, tough, and a needed wake-up call for a lot of people.  You can read the whole thing right here. 

But if you're here because you don't want to read a long op-ed, and want the chickified version, then you should know that David A Clarke Jr has a serious issue with liberals, because they haven't done jack squat for the black community.  And one reason he says that is because he claims that liberals are "defining down socially acceptable behavior for black students in school. Bad behavior is being excused and attempts to hold black kids accountable by enforcing codes of conduct are called racist."

I'm so glad he is calling this crap out. Clarke Jr writes that "Where I come from, bad behavior has always been unacceptable and is codified not by race but by societal norms to keep chaos from reigning."

He's absolutely right when he says that dumbing down codes of conduct because of these irrational fears of potential racism will HURT black parents, kids and communities, just like every other liberal policy ostensibly designed to help.

This was my favorite part:

There is a government program today for everything in the black community that used to be the responsibility of the individual, such as parenting. Because of this system, many parents have abdicated what is their most important responsibility and turned it over to the government.

Uncle Sam is now raising their kids.

BOOM.

And this is why Daisy and I, and most conservatives, are so vehemently opposed to big government.  It breeds dependency. 

And Clarke Jr. doesn't mince words.  He writes, "Social liberalism is a sadistic ideology. White liberal social policies have become the new racism in America."

He knows the real deal, because he sees conservatives getting blamed for being racist when it's liberal policies which have failed to help the black community.

Welfare policies, he says, have caused black men to be emasculated and estranged from their kids. Poverty rates for blacks are higher than ever, unemployment and crime rates are up.

He writes, "Liberals call their ideology compassionate. I call it hateful. You would have to absolutely loathe black people to want to keep them mired in generational poverty and ignorance, living in ghettos with high unemployment, with their kids shackled to failing K-12 urban school systems and crime-ridden neighborhoods just to secure a permanent voting majority and to hang onto political power."

That's racism right there, y'all.

And finally, he says, beautifully, what I think too folks in the black community have failed to realize due to what seems to be almost a blind devotion to the Democratic party.  He says, "I find it insulting that liberals view us in such an infantile manner, implying that we cannot make it without their help."

YES YES YES.  I have never understood why any black person WOULDN'T feel insulted by affirmative action programs, or the idea of voting disenfranchisement over IDs, etc. etc.  They are essentially told every single day by the Democratic party that they are helpless.  Why does that message resonate?

I'll never understand it.

But when folks like David A Clarke Jr have clarity about it and they communicate that clarity to others, I still have hope that more people will see the light.

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/25606-you-must-read-this-op-ed-by-the-milwaukee-county-sheriff-you-must

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: You Must Read This Op-Ed By The Milwaukee County Sheriff. You MUST.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:06:01 am »
I had to go and read the entire piece Hap!

This is a man with his head screwed on straight! Loved it from top to bottom but I particularly liked this part: "I find it insulting that liberals view us in such an infantile manner, implying that we cannot make it without their help."

I have often wondered why more people haven't spoken out like this about the condescension displayed by Democrats toward them!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:07:26 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 02:19:01 am »
I liked the article, too, Bigun. The man has liberals and minority problems pegged.

"Social liberalism is a sadistic ideology. White liberal social policies have become the new racism in America."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:42 am »
He be a Uncle Tom, if you axe me !!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 05:46:02 pm »
He be a Uncle Tom, if you axe me !!

you must be channelling your evil twin, the revanchist liberal!   :silly: