• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:51:50 PM »

Support the USO

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
Well said. You are in charge, you are bloody well in charge.

The odd closed eye at infractions is fine - stressed out people like to party REALLY hard once the stress is off again - something every officer gets smacked in the face with repeatedly. That's fine. But it gets out of hand if you don't stay on top of it every instant.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:08:58 PM »
"You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility."

I remember emphasis placed on this concept, by a university management professor, back in the day.

If I am a manager, I "authorize" supervisor A. to run a project, I still remain "responsible" for their results.

This is commonly understood in industry, but not in government.

Listen to politicians after politician, government department heads, ducking responsibility and blaming things that go bad, on their own subordinates.

Heads should role in the SS. Careers end if a supervisor drinks or cavorts with loose women during dangerous missions. Period.

Big hits to pensions might create fear, if not respect. But government employment is so protected from realities of the private sector workforce, it probably won't happen.

This author has been a government employee all his career, and I notice he doesn't strike directly at the general incompetence and inefficiency of doing things the government way.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:18:56 PM »
Well said. You are in charge, you are bloody well in charge.

The odd closed eye at infractions is fine - stressed out people like to party REALLY hard once the stress is off again - something every officer gets smacked in the face with repeatedly. That's fine. But it gets out of hand if you don't stay on top of it every instant.

No.  These disciplinary infractions are happening while these agents are on travel detail with the President.  They are technically NEVER off duty in that situation and there is no excuse whatsoever for that kind of behavior.

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
No.  These disciplinary infractions are happening while these agents are on travel detail with the President.  They are technically NEVER off duty in that situation and there is no excuse whatsoever for that kind of behavior.

:smokin:

Nope - I was thinking more when they get down time than on travel detail. You are correct, Sir. :patriot:

My apologies - I misread the cases in question. That issue - heads should roll. Starting with the agents in question, then the agent in charge, then the field manager for that unit.

You have run a crew, you know what they are like on a pass! You stick the cops on speed dial and pray!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf