Author Topic: NY's King, other House Republicans interested in Rogers' Intelligence Committee post  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/29/ny-king-other-house-republicans-interested-in-rogers-intelligence-committee/

NY's King, other House Republicans interested in Rogers' Intelligence Committee post
Published March 29, 2014
FoxNews.com

Michigan GOP Rep. Mike Rogers’ announcement that he won’t seek re-election this year has opened the door for several other House Republicans to take his post as chairman of the influential House Intelligence Committee, including New York Rep. Peter King.

In the hours following Rogers' announcement Friday that he plans to start a national radio program, House Republican Reps. Devin Nunes, California, and Jeff Miller, Florida, also expressing interest in leading the committee.

King told CQ Roll Call that he would be a natural choice, considering he has served as chairman of his chamber’s Homeland Security Committee and was a New York congressman during the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

“I would certainly appreciate being considered,” King said. “It would be an honor.”

Rogers plans to leave in January when his term expires. And the next chairman will almost certainly be a political ally of House Speaker John Boehner, Ohio, and members of his leadership team, who appoint committee chairmen.

The House Intelligence committee has recently played a major role in reviewing the National Security Agency’s domestic data gathering program and deciding on whether its scope should be limited.

Nunes, who has been on the committee for four years, planned to run for the chairmanship after Rogers stepped aside but did not expect his chance to come so soon, according to Roll Call.

Texas GOP Rep. Mac Thornberry is the highest-ranking Republican on the committee but is interested in becoming chairman of his chamber’s Armed Services Committee.

Miller would be next in line but is chairman of the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, which could force House leaders into making a tough decision about his future.

“If the speaker places confidence in Congressman Miller to oversee the Intelligence Committee, he would give it 110 percent,” a Miller spokesman told Roll Call.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

PLEASE!!! ANYBODY but Peter King!!!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Agreed !!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Agreed !!

Why?

OK, that sounded blunt. I respect your opinions, both of you, even though we sometimes disagree. Just curious as to reasons why King (who I know exactly zip about except the suspicion that he is a Dem since his party affiliation is no where stated) would be a very poor choice.
We have our own Great Wall of Silence in the media here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

Why?

OK, that sounded blunt. I respect your opinions, both of you, even though we sometimes disagree. Just curious as to reasons why King (who I know exactly zip about except the suspicion that he is a Dem since his party affiliation is no where stated) would be a very poor choice.
We have our own Great Wall of Silence in the media here.

Never trust a guy that used to run guns to the IRA to run your intelligence committee. Plus, he's NO conservative and has a big mouth to boot. New York bookies lay off bets on whether he or Chuck Schumer would survive the fight for a TV camera. He's a putz.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thanks mate.  :beer:

The gun running thing is not good - big mouth and likes a TV camera though is a big bleep no!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink