Author Topic: Poll: Paul, Huckabee lead 2016 GOP pack  (Read 402 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Poll: Paul, Huckabee lead 2016 GOP pack
« on: March 29, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »

Support the USO

Offline happyg

Re: Poll: Paul, Huckabee lead 2016 GOP pack
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »
Huckabee has said a lot of things on his show over the years. You can bet the democrats will nitpick at a lot of them.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »
Huckabee has said a lot of things on his show over the years. You can bet the democrats will nitpick at a lot of them.
I do NOT agree with much of the social conservative stuff from the likes of Huckabee, but he is one smooth talker. He can discuss a wide range of topics off the cuff, due to his preacher and television personality experience and his natural aptitude, which probably pulled him in those directions.

If it meant winning, I could easily support Huckabee on a ticket, preferably not on the top. Paul-Huckabee, or Walker-Huckabee.

These forums tend to attract the extremes, so Cruz gets more praise than he gets national support.

But I also like the idea of an Hispanic on the ticket. Cruz, Rubio, Martinez of Sandoval.

Finally I like successful governors which argues for Perry or Walker etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
This is anyone's race.  The quality of potential candidates seems far superior than in 2008 and in 2012.  I am looking forward to the debates.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »
This is anyone's race.  The quality of potential candidates seems far superior than in 2008 and in 2012.  I am looking forward to the debates.
It would be nice to vote some of them off the island, before the start.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 04:22:59 PM »
Huckabee?  Seriously?   :banghead:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
I do NOT agree with much of the social conservative stuff from the likes of Huckabee, but he is one smooth talker. He can discuss a wide range of topics off the cuff, due to his preacher and television personality experience and his natural aptitude, which probably pulled him in those directions.

If it meant winning, I could easily support Huckabee on a ticket, preferably not on the top. Paul-Huckabee, or Walker-Huckabee.

These forums tend to attract the extremes, so Cruz gets more praise than he gets national support.

But I also like the idea of an Hispanic on the ticket. Cruz, Rubio, Martinez of Sandoval.

Finally I like successful governors which argues for Perry or Walker etc.

After it is all said and done I will vote for Barney Rubble on the ticket over Clinton. I think the media and republicans have defined Cruz as extreme.

I fear that the Rand Paul or no one else libertarians and the Iowa Huckabee or no one else folks- will cancel each others vote out as they stay home. Much like the Palin or nobody- I won't hold my nose again crowd. Huckabee is a social/fiscal conservative moderate. Maybe this is where his appeal is? He does not get me fired-up but maybe this is why he fired up some people?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »

Agreed.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf