Author Topic: Give IRS officials a week, cite them for contempt, and walk them in handcuffs to prison  (Read 601 times)

rangerrebew

Give IRS Officials a Week, then Cite them for Contempt and Perp Walk them in Handcuffs to Prison

The claim is that the IRS targeted conservative groups because they oppose this present administration’s policies.

It’s been alleged that orders for this harassment came from the highest levels of government, possibly from the Obama administration.

The problem is, all of these charges are hard to prove.

Former IRS employee Lois G. Lerner won’t talk. She’s taken the Fifth Amendment.

The credibility of the IRS has always been low, mostly because people fear the organization, and rightfully so. It’s a huge agency with lots of power.

Even if a person or business comes through an audit without any problems, the time and money expended can be devastating.

But purposely targeted people and groups for political reasons is a non-partisan issue since political power and leadership changes in Washington. Your guys and gals may be in power now, but before long it could be the other party’s guys and gals who are targeting the other side of the aisle.

“The American people believe the IRS is now a politicized agency, because the IRS is a politicized agency,” said Rep. Darrell E. Issa, California Republican and chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Here’s the latest on the scandal.

“John Koskinen, the man President Obama tapped to clean up the embattled agency, also said it will take years to respond to all of the document requests from Congress. He told Congress that even complying with a subpoena for emails from just a handful of key employees couldn’t be done before the end of this year because it takes time to have attorneys delete protected taxpayer information.”

“Years”? Give me a break.

If an IRS scandal like this had happened under a Republican President, the emails would be all over the news. Harry Reid would be waving them in our faces. Democrats would be calling for impeachment. A Special Prosecutor would have already been named. It would be Watergate to the tenth power.

How long could it take to redact some emails? The Obamas go on multi-million dollar vacations. Make them pay their own way and use the money saved to hire people to do the redacting. I’ll do it for $100,000 and have it done in two days.

Koskinen is a long-time Democrat supporter.

“Since the beginning of 2007, Koskinen has donated $25,600 to Democratic candidates and causes, including $7,300 to Obama and $3,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, according to Federal Election Commission records.”

Here’s what Rep. Issa should tell Mr. Koskinen:

“If these emails aren’t on my desk in ten days, I will cite you with contempt and perp walk you in handcuffs to jail until your staff complies.”

All the Republicans seem to be able to do is issue threats.

“We don’t want the excuses anymore. Prioritize them. Put more lawyers on the job,” said Rep. Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican who has helped spearhead the committee’s investigation into IRS targeting.

And what will you do if Mr. Koskinen won’t comply? All we keep hearing is that Lois Lerner “remains subject to contempt of Congress charges after refusing to testify at two hearings, citing her Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination.”

Cite her for contempt already!

The Democrats will stall at least until the 2014 election is over, and may even push it beyond 2016, and the Republicans will still be issuing idle threats.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/14964/give-irs-officials-week-cite-contempt-perp-walk-handcuffs-prison/#85xa02wWQvqpm0BM.99

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How about we just do away with the Marxist income tax and the IRS entirely by passing the FairTax (HR25/S122) into law and be done with it once and for all!

http://Http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hot damn....I would love to see that.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

How about we just do away with the Marxist income tax and the IRS entirely by passing the FairTax (HR25/S122) into law and be done with it once and for all!

http://Http://fairtax.org

You'd have to get rid of Pitt's income tax, because that's the one we inherited; Marx was never a legislator and therefore never enacted, nor even proposed, a real piece of income tax legisation.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You'd have to get rid of Pitt's income tax, because that's the one we inherited; Marx was never a legislator and therefore never enacted, nor even proposed, a real piece of income tax legisation.

No! But he sure as hell loved it and definitely did endorse it right there is the old Communist Manifesto!

“The greatest tool Communism has in our toolbox is the progressive income tax.”

Karl Marx

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

No! But he sure as hell loved it and definitely did endorse it right there is the old Communist Manifesto!

“The greatest tool Communism has in our toolbox is the progressive income tax.”

Karl Marx

You can call it anything you want; let's be even "cooler" and more liberal, and call it Hitler's fascist income tax.  The income tax is not marxist, it's a tax.  The fact that the marxists may have liked it is utterly, wholly, totally irrelevant to whether it makes good tax, fiscal, or social policy.

So I'm going to take the same rhetorical strategy (hopefully the point will eventually get across that inflammatory, rhetorical labels don't add much to the discussion):  it's the Pitts income tax because Pitt the Younger got it enacted in England.  That is a substantially greater effect than Marx's mere blather about how much he liked it.  Marx talked the talk, Pitt walked the walk.  That makes it Pitt's baby, not Marx's.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You can call it anything you want; let's be even "cooler" and more liberal, and call it Hitler's fascist income tax.  The income tax is not marxist, it's a tax.  The fact that the marxists may have liked it is utterly, wholly, totally irrelevant to whether it makes good tax, fiscal, or social policy.

So I'm going to take the same rhetorical strategy (hopefully the point will eventually get across that inflammatory, rhetorical labels don't add much to the discussion):  it's the Pitts income tax because Pitt the Younger got it enacted in England.  That is a substantially greater effect than Marx's mere blather about how much he liked it.  Marx talked the talk, Pitt walked the walk.  That makes it Pitt's baby, not Marx's.

Regardless of who's "baby" it is (was) it SUCKED then and it still sucks today!

You seem to believe that Mr. Pitt's income tax was a popular thing back then so I will disabuse you of that notion. Mr Pitt's  income tax was in fact universally HATED by the people and Parliament repealed it with very large margins and required the burning of all the exchequers records of it while they were at it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Regardless of who's "baby" it is (was) it SUCKED then and it still sucks today!

You seem to believe that Mr. Pitt's income tax was a popular thing back then so I will disabuse you of that notion. Mr Pitt's  income tax was in fact universally HATED by the people and Parliament repealed it with very large margins and required the burning of all the exchequers records of it while they were at it!

Thanks for attributing to me thoughts that I do not, in fact, hold.  I have never said that Pitt's income tax was the bee's knees; all I've attempted to point out is that it stands or falls on its own, not on what labels you can attach to it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Thanks for attributing to me thoughts that I do not, in fact, hold.  I have never said that Pitt's income tax was the bee's knees; all I've attempted to point out is that it stands or falls on its own, not on what labels you can attach to it.

OK then! On it's own merits it SUCKS in all cases and is, in fact, unfit for ANY people who would call themselves free!

“The tax which each individual is bound to pay ought to be certain, and not arbitrary. The time of payment, the manner of payment, the quantity to be paid, ought all to be clear and plain to the contributor, and to every other person, so that the tax payer is not put in the power of the tax gatherer.”

Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, 1776

The income tax fails on every single point.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I would go further brother, if we must have an income tax, though removing it is preferable.

Every year, it should be obligatory for you to receive a break down of where your taxes go. Not in percentages, but in actual dollar amounts. How much did you spend on defense this year. On food stamps. On bailouts. On alphabet agencies you have never heard of.

All neatly laid out like a bank statement - easy to read and understand.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I would go further brother, if we must have an income tax, though removing it is preferable.

Every year, it should be obligatory for you to receive a break down of where your taxes go. Not in percentages, but in actual dollar amounts. How much did you spend on defense this year. On food stamps. On bailouts. On alphabet agencies you have never heard of.

All neatly laid out like a bank statement - easy to read and understand.

I've said it before and I'll say it again! If we are ever again to be a truly FREE people we must not continue to allow the government to have a tool like the income tax at their disposal!

The word "income" is itself capricious and things go down hill from there!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:38:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

How can you all say these awful things when our Secretary of State and Vice President both say it is so patriotic to pay taxes. :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I've said it before and I'll say it again! If we are ever again to be a truly FREE people we must not continue to allow the government to have a tool like the income tax at their disposal!

The word "income" is itself capricious and things go down hill from there!

I agree. Yet that ship sailed back in 1400. No law passed that feeds the beast is ever repealed. All you can do is mitigate it to the best of your ability. I dislike tax, full stop, and here, at least, there is an option to remove it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink