Author Topic: Give IRS officials a week, cite them for contempt, and walk them in handcuffs to prison  (Read 342 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
How about we just do away with the Marxist income tax and the IRS entirely by passing the FairTax (HR25/S122) into law and be done with it once and for all!

http://Http://fairtax.org

Online DCPatriot

Hot damn....I would love to see that.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
How about we just do away with the Marxist income tax and the IRS entirely by passing the FairTax (HR25/S122) into law and be done with it once and for all!

http://Http://fairtax.org

You'd have to get rid of Pitt's income tax, because that's the one we inherited; Marx was never a legislator and therefore never enacted, nor even proposed, a real piece of income tax legisation.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You can call it anything you want; let's be even "cooler" and more liberal, and call it Hitler's fascist income tax.  The income tax is not marxist, it's a tax.  The fact that the marxists may have liked it is utterly, wholly, totally irrelevant to whether it makes good tax, fiscal, or social policy.

So I'm going to take the same rhetorical strategy (hopefully the point will eventually get across that inflammatory, rhetorical labels don't add much to the discussion):  it's the Pitts income tax because Pitt the Younger got it enacted in England.  That is a substantially greater effect than Marx's mere blather about how much he liked it.  Marx talked the talk, Pitt walked the walk.  That makes it Pitt's baby, not Marx's.

Regardless of who's "baby" it is (was) it SUCKED then and it still sucks today!

You seem to believe that Mr. Pitt's income tax was a popular thing back then so I will disabuse you of that notion. Mr Pitt's  income tax was in fact universally HATED by the people and Parliament repealed it with very large margins and required the burning of all the exchequers records of it while they were at it!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Regardless of who's "baby" it is (was) it SUCKED then and it still sucks today!

You seem to believe that Mr. Pitt's income tax was a popular thing back then so I will disabuse you of that notion. Mr Pitt's  income tax was in fact universally HATED by the people and Parliament repealed it with very large margins and required the burning of all the exchequers records of it while they were at it!

Thanks for attributing to me thoughts that I do not, in fact, hold.  I have never said that Pitt's income tax was the bee's knees; all I've attempted to point out is that it stands or falls on its own, not on what labels you can attach to it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I would go further brother, if we must have an income tax, though removing it is preferable.

Every year, it should be obligatory for you to receive a break down of where your taxes go. Not in percentages, but in actual dollar amounts. How much did you spend on defense this year. On food stamps. On bailouts. On alphabet agencies you have never heard of.

All neatly laid out like a bank statement - easy to read and understand.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I would go further brother, if we must have an income tax, though removing it is preferable.

Every year, it should be obligatory for you to receive a break down of where your taxes go. Not in percentages, but in actual dollar amounts. How much did you spend on defense this year. On food stamps. On bailouts. On alphabet agencies you have never heard of.

All neatly laid out like a bank statement - easy to read and understand.

I've said it before and I'll say it again! If we are ever again to be a truly FREE people we must not continue to allow the government to have a tool like the income tax at their disposal!

The word "income" is itself capricious and things go down hill from there!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:38:14 PM by Bigun »

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
How can you all say these awful things when our Secretary of State and Vice President both say it is so patriotic to pay taxes. :silly:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I've said it before and I'll say it again! If we are ever again to be a truly FREE people we must not continue to allow the government to have a tool like the income tax at their disposal!

The word "income" is itself capricious and things go down hill from there!

I agree. Yet that ship sailed back in 1400. No law passed that feeds the beast is ever repealed. All you can do is mitigate it to the best of your ability. I dislike tax, full stop, and here, at least, there is an option to remove it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf