Author Topic: Dick Cheney On Torture: 'If I Would Have To Do It All Over Again, I Would'  (Read 374 times)

Oceander

EDITORIAL COMMENT:  Barf alert!  Cheney said no such thing; he said it wasn't torture.

Dick Cheney On Torture:  'If I Would Have To Do It All Over Again, I Would'

The Huffington Post  | by  Paige Lavender

Posted: 03/28/2014 9:19 am EDT Updated: 03/28/2014 11:59 am EDT

Former Vice President Dick Cheney revealed he has no regrets about the Bush administration's use of enhanced interrogation techniques like waterboarding, telling a crowd at American University in Washington, D.C. he would "do it all over again."

“If I would have to do it all over again, I would,” Cheney said, according to American's student newspaper The Eagle. “The results speak for themselves.”

Cheney denied that waterboarding -- an interrogation technique that simulates the experience of drowning as large quantities of water are poured over a person's nose and mouth -- is torture, and said accusations that he's a war criminal for using torture are "not true."

“Some people called it torture.  It wasn’t torture,” Cheney told ATV, American University's television station.

Cheney's speech was hosted by the Kennedy Political Union at AU and was sold out.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Waterboarding scares people, but does not hurt people.

A perfect and moral method for getting information, to save others' lives.

Anybody incapable of grasping that, is not worth listening to.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln