Author Topic: Breaking: Obama Administration Caught Giving FREE High Tech Military Equipment to Russia  (Read 702 times)

Offline happyg

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, March 28, 2014, 8:18 PM
This is not 21st century behavior.

The Obama administration has been secretly giving Russia free Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES), a tactical force-on-force trainer, which uses a system of lasers and dummy ammunition to simulate ground combat for soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3VREEpO1vVw
While slapping Russia publicly on the wrist, the Obama Administration has been giving Russia FREE high tech military equipment.
Judicial Watch reported:

Behind closed doors the U.S. government is giving Russia free military equipment—also used to train American troops—even after President Obama announced punitive sanctions against Moscow and, more importantly, a suspension in military engagement over the invasion and occupation of Ukraine.

The secret operation was exposed this week by members of Congress that discovered it in the process of reviewing the Fiscal Year 2014 budget and the proposed Fiscal Year 2015 budget request. It turns out that the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) has been providing the Russian Federation with the Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES), the federal legislators say. The U.S. military uses MILES for tactical force-on-force training because it has a system of lasers and dummy ammunition to simulate ground combat.

It’s a crucial, military-grade technology that’s similar to a “laser tag” available in some commercial markets, according to one of the outraged lawmakers (Oklahoma Republican Jim Bridenstine) that helped uncover the scandal. Bridenstine, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, has joined forces with Ohio Republican Mike Turner, Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces, to demand an end to the program. Along with about a dozen other House colleagues they penned a letter to Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz, who oversees the agency carrying out the “irresponsible military equipment transfers” to Russia.

The Obama administration’s planned supply to the Russian Federation is a grave mistake given the recent invasion of Ukraine launched by Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin, the legislators point out. “It is difficult to imagine a worse time to provide military-grade technology employed by the U.S. Marine Corps, Army, and Special Operations Forces to Russia than when it has illegally invaded Ukraine and is violating the intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty,” the letter to Moniz says. “To make matters worse, it is our understanding from the budget documents that the Department has been, and continues to propose, providing this technology to Russia free-of-charge.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't know what to say...I am speechless!

...btw why doesn't he just give the Russkees our Tomahawks and Hellfires....what a POS he is...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Smart - it's a piss poor training system.  :smokin:

Only mildly sarcastic there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Someone should be fired over this crap.  I almost had a heart attack before watching the video.  It's lasertag.  Breaking:  Obama Administration Caught Giving FREE Laser Tag equipment.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Someone should be fired over this crap.  I almost had a heart attack before watching the video.  It's lasertag.  Breaking:  Obama Administration Caught Giving FREE Laser Tag equipment.

As long as those someones are the developers, I say go for it.

First off, the sensor harness is worn instead of standard body armor (it weighs a fair bit) and completely throws off your center of balance.
Lasers - no drop, no windage to consider. It screws up your ability to sight rapidly and accurately, since what you point at is where the laser goes.
Splat guns are far better for training - think paintball but a much higher muzzle velocity. They sort of imitate the ballistics of 9 mm rounds (bit slower and heavier, but none of this straight line shit), you need to get closer and - always a plus in training - they hurt like bleep hell when one hits you. Get hit a couple of times and finding cover is now second nature!
We'd use them in urban exercises. Two teams, plus random people with them to give a proper bystander effect. Usually off duty cops. Kind of fun, until the bruises develop!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

As long as those someones are the developers, I say go for it.

First off, the sensor harness is worn instead of standard body armor (it weighs a fair bit) and completely throws off your center of balance.
Lasers - no drop, no windage to consider. It screws up your ability to sight rapidly and accurately, since what you point at is where the laser goes.
Splat guns are far better for training - think paintball but a much higher muzzle velocity. They sort of imitate the ballistics of 9 mm rounds (bit slower and heavier, but none of this straight line shit), you need to get closer and - always a plus in training - they hurt like bleeping hell when one hits you. Get hit a couple of times and finding cover is now second nature!
We'd use them in urban exercises. Two teams, plus random people with them to give a proper bystander effect. Usually off duty cops. Kind of fun, until the bruises develop!  :laugh:

I think you must be a blast to hang out with.