Author Topic: Stephen Colbert denies racist tweet  (Read 545 times)

Oceander

Stephen Colbert denies racist tweet
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:41:36 am »
Stephen Colbert denies racist tweet

By Lisa Respers France, CNN
updated 10:15 AM EDT, Fri March 28, 2014

(CNN) -- Stephen Colbert may make his career mocking people, but this time he says he didn't go as far as the outraged Internet believes.

The hashtag #CancelColbert started to trend after a tweet from the verified Twitter account for "The Colbert Report" tweeted on Thursday, "I am willing to show the #Asian community I care by introducing the Ching Chong Ding Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever."

The tweet (which has since been deleted) was a riff on a skit Colbert did Wednesday on his Comedy Central show poking fun at Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder's announcement of a foundation to help Native Americans. The team has been at the center of controversy for having a name some deem to be racist.

Colbert's character on his show is ultra-conservative and often makes outrageous statements, including his impression of "Ching Chong Ding Dong," which mocks Asian stereotypes. But without the context of the TV show skit the tweet outraged many.

Twitter user Arnesa wrote "Et tu, Stephen? Not funny. It doesn't prove your point. It makes you 'no better' than the racists.

https://twitter.com/colbertreport/status/449320692446920704 ... #cancelcolbert." A user named Micha tweeted "#CancelColbert Satire to make fun of racists isn't supposed to be hurtful to those who are affected by racism, or you're doing it wrong."

Read more ...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Stephen Colbert denies racist tweet
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:11:03 am »
In my area, Asians are physicians, dentists, high-tech computer people.

Asians go to university, study and learn, and qualify for interesting high paid professions.

I like Asians. They generally behave politely, go about their business with little drama.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LambChop

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:42:31 am »
In my area, Asians are physicians, dentists, high-tech computer people.

Asians go to university, study and learn, and qualify for interesting high paid professions.

I like Asians. They generally behave politely, go about their business with little drama.

Where I come from most Asians are illegals.  Working in industries like truck drivers or nail salons where they've put everybody else out of business because they undercut the prices extremely low.  *cheap labor* and while everybody in the household has a job, they still collect welfare.  It's also become very popular to open a massage parlor, and I'm not talking spa either.  And guess who does the massages?

Take a look around any military instillation. It may have been 20 years, but I'm sure things haven't changed.  While at Fort Hood one of the big problems reported in Texas was prostitution.  And guess who the culprits were?  Asian women who would get a teen age soldier to marry them while serving duty in Korea.  Then when they came back to the states, the wife would take off, leave him with the kids and she'd go back to her previous profession.

If you think our illegal alien problems are only Mexican, think again. Asians and Eastern Europeans are very high on that list.  The Mexican border isn't the only one we need to close.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:14 am »
Take a look around any military instillation. It may have been 20 years, but I'm sure things haven't changed.  While at Fort Hood one of the big problems reported in Texas was prostitution.  And guess who the culprits were?  Asian women who would get a teen age soldier to marry them while serving duty in Korea.  Then when they came back to the states, the wife would take off, leave him with the kids and she'd go back to her previous profession.

Looks like things do change in 20 years.  The prostitutes in Waco and Austin are white, black, latino, and asian.  They are easily obtainable with a phone call and they make house calls.  Most of them are US citizens.

Of course some are illegals.  Forced by the people who brought them into the country to work off their travel costs and sell their bodies.  Usually when the illegals are caught in a prostitution sting they are deported.  Hope you enjoyed your stay.  See ya.