Author Topic: Boehner to attend Ritz Carlton event for anti-tea party group  (Read 1598 times)

Oceander

Re: Boehner to attend Ritz Carlton event for anti-tea party group
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 04:57:21 am »
Sounds good to me.

not really, not if that phrase is taken in its usual meaning.  all that does is leave a bruised, battered, ugly GOP trying to fight an uphill battle against a democrat whose work has mostly already been done for him or her by the republicans.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 10:24:09 am »
not really, not if that phrase is taken in its usual meaning.  all that does is leave a bruised, battered, ugly GOP trying to fight an uphill battle against a democrat whose work has mostly already been done for him or her by the republicans.
When some one attacks you, you have the right to self defense.  They drew first blood with the primaries.  The war is on and can't be stopped with pleas of party unity.

The Tea-Party will get their reconstruction when this civil war is over.  That will be when the primaries show how weak and out of touch FreedomWorks, Senate Conservative Fund, Club for Growth, and Heritage Action are.  The GOPe will accept nothing less than unconditional surrender.  In a few months nobody will want to be part of those groups except the cream of the crop fringe right.  Then will come the Tea Party in-fighting between FW, SCF, CFG, HA...infighting which usually follows political failure of epic proportion.  From those ashes the right wing can refashion it's brand.  Like they did when Buchanan failed to move the party to the right with extremism.  And the Birchers before him.

When serious and conservative men like McConnell, Cornyn, Cochran, Boehner, Cantor, Sessions, Ryan, Rubio, and yes even Graham are attacked from charlatans claiming to be conservative there can be no other response but victory.  When the primaries are over there will be reconciliation with the GOPe for those who want it. 

“Go f— yourself,” Boehner sniped as he pointed his finger at Reid, according to multiple sources present.

Reid, a bit startled, replied: “What are you talking about?”

Boehner repeated: “Go f— yourself.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/the-fiscal-cliff-deal-that-almost-wasnt-85663.html#ixzz2xLYAmgsg

Boehner is a fighter.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:34:56 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »
I believe the current perception, that those that are at war with the tea party are center right moderates- is a lie.

I used to think these crusty old men that need to retire were just bipartisan. As they lavished their love for Teddy Kennedy, in a  'reach across the aisle', in a ever so old school, diligent way.

It is of my opinion that the so called RINOs of today are as liberal as Teddy Kennedy. Which is, in todays standards- as progressive as, Obama and Pelosi.

McCain: I want to name America’s new immigration reform law after Ted Kennedy
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/28/mccain-i-want-to-name-americas-new-immigration-reform-law-after-ted-kennedy/

Just like the bluedog democrats, they are not moderate, Reagan Democrats. They are Ted Kennedy progressive liberals.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:16:40 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 07:41:47 pm »

Just like the bluedog democrats, they are not moderate, Reagan Democrats. They are Ted Kennedy progressive liberals.

Blue Dog Dems are as rare as a white Rhinoceros.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 07:49:02 pm »
And conversely if the seat cannot be won by a conservative, better a moderate Republican than a democrat.

It should be determined where the conservatives have little to no chance, and no resources wasted trying to do the impossible.

And the Tea Party should weed out their whacko birds before the election, not during the general.

I agree.  If  a Conservative has little or no chance, elect a moderate Republican.  But, where a Conservative has a good chance of winning the seat, get rid of the RINO by any means necessary.

Offline happyg

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »
I agree.  If  a Conservative has little or no chance, elect a moderate Republican.  But, where a Conservative has a good chance of winning the seat, get rid of the RINO by any means necessary.

:amen: