Author Topic: Minnesota: GOP endorses Somali Muslim for state house  (Read 1982 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Minnesota: GOP endorses Somali Muslim for state house
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 07:25:19 pm »
Holding office is not a right.  Running for office is.  As is speaking your mind, holding a religious belief and owning property.  I share your hope that we deprive Democrats their elected offices.  But much as I hate what they stand for I would never deny them their God-given, fundamental rights to life, liberty and property.  Nor would I to any man who has not violated my rights or the rights of others.

Yep. Those rights are there and should be. But let me beg the question:

Mr. Askar may be a good and honorable man. The probability is very high that he is so. Yet how can he hold office? You can not serve two masters. Not under Islam - they do not separate Allah and society. To reiterate something I posted in another thread, Islam is in direct conflict with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th and 21st amendments.

How can a person deal with that conflict of interest?

Edited because I misspelled 1st. Some days are longer than others ....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:34:34 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 07:29:17 pm »
Yep. Those rights are there and should be. But let me beg the question:

Mr. Askar may be a good and honorable man. The probability is very high that he is so. Yet how can he hold office? You can not serve two masters. Not under Islam - they do not separate Allah and society. To reiterate something I posted in another thread, Islam is in direct conflict with the 13t, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th and 21st amendments.

How can a person deal with that conflict of interest?
By subordinating religious life, to his civil life. Before 911, muslims voted Republican.

Probably based on our support of freedom fighters to oust Soviets from Afghanistan, and oust Saddam from Kuwait, among other things.

Most people inherit the religion of their families. When many muslims leave their foreign lands for America, they leave family and religion behind to a degree.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »
Very well.
But given the chance, islam will deny YOU those same God-given fundamental rights to life, liberty and property.

So will Democrats. 

Let me put it this way:
Do you think all the cells of your own body have a God-given, fundamental right to exist within you? Each and every one?

I am absolutely certain that cells do not have rights.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 07:36:42 pm »
[[ I am absolutely certain that cells do not have rights. ]]

Particularly if the cells involved are part of a fetus?
Right?
But that's off-topic, anyway.

On the other hand, I'm absolutely certain that some folks refuse to see an analogy when one is presented to them !!   :)

For further reading -- an excellent piece by Diana West:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/a-nations-attempt-to-survive-isnt-racism/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:40:38 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 07:42:17 pm »
[[ I am absolutely certain that cells do not have rights. ]]

Particularly if the cells involved are part of a fetus?
Right?
But that's off-topic, anyway.

On the other hand, I'm absolutely certain that some folks refuse to see an analogy when one is presented to them !!   :)

No, I don't believe a fetus has constitutional rights.  I have said so here many times.  States have the right to regulate abortion if they wish, but the federal government does not.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 07:45:16 pm »
By subordinating religious life, to his civil life. Before 911, muslims voted Republican.

Really? Your religious life IS your civil life in Islam. They are one and the same thing. Now a lot of Muslims in the US (and here in the UK) came here precisely to get away from that mindset. Fair enough - they are good people, valued in the community, work bloody hard and have a sense of pride in that, their families and their adopted country. It is zero surprise to me that they voted Republican. They have the same values, as people.

Others - especially refugees - want to keep that mind set. They came here to escape something intolerable and brought it with them. Two very different outlooks. We see it here a lot, you've heard the stories of "Muslim gangs" attacking people in the streets. What is very rarely mentioned is how severe these attacks are - not on whites, but on apostate Muslims.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 08:12:49 pm »
Really? Your religious life IS your civil life in Islam. They are one and the same thing. Now a lot of Muslims in the US (and here in the UK) came here precisely to get away from that mindset. Fair enough - they are good people, valued in the community, work bloody hard and have a sense of pride in that, their families and their adopted country. It is zero surprise to me that they voted Republican. They have the same values, as people.

Others - especially refugees - want to keep that mind set. They came here to escape something intolerable and brought it with them. Two very different outlooks. We see it here a lot, you've heard the stories of "Muslim gangs" attacking people in the streets. What is very rarely mentioned is how severe these attacks are - not on whites, but on apostate Muslims.
Most Christians do NOT follow many of the rules of their faiths. Premarital sex, adultery, abortion, drunkenness, hate, blasphemy are just a few misdeeds.

For a muslim there is a big benefit of exchanging his living situation, for an opportunity in the UK or the US. Moving from 3rd world to 1st world instantly.

A lot of them do just that. It is often 2nd generations that turn out to be fanatics, and problem people. They did NOT consciously make the tradeoff. Their parents did. They are lost culturally in the free new land, they had nothing to do with selecting.

Islam at it best is barely okay and at its worst it is hideous. But it is what they have, and what they must make accommodations away from.

I don't assume muslims are any more complete in following their rule book, than are Christians. I give them the benefit of doubt until given reasons otherwise. Then the hammer falls.

A lot of show of being devout muslims, is show for neighbors and family. You fly into Iran or Saudi from the west, and the females don required scarves, for instance. They wear them in country, not because they devoutly BELIEVE, but to avoid trouble.

Don't assume all muslims strongly believe their religion's rules.

Remember many came to America initially to find freedom FROM imposition of state religion on one's family, neighbors and friends. It is in our DNA.

In historical terms it is pretty recent and many places don't fully get it. Last century the Lutheran church was the Swedish state's official recorder of births, marriages, deaths etc. As well as proficiency in Biblical knowledge.

Catholicism, Lutheranism and Anglicanism are official state religions in many places to this day.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln