Author Topic: Awkward slow clap for Obama's remarks in the Netherlands  (Read 553 times)

rangerrebew

Awkward slow clap for Obama's remarks in the Netherlands
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »
Awkward slow clap for Obama’s remarks in the Netherlands (video)

Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief on March 27, 2014

In the absence of an adoring, perfectly-staged audience for President Obama’s droning pronouncements, the crowd response is…basically nothing.

It’s not just the poll results in the US that show respect and approval for Obama’s performance are plummeting – he just can’t seem to take the show on the road.

As CBS reports, at the conclusion of a joint news conference in the Netherlands with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, President Obama gestured and thanked the crowd as only a single person in the audience responded with an awkward slow clap.

Ouch. That’s really gotta hurt.

CBS says the near non-response from the audience comes amid reports from the UK Guardian newspaper that President Obama will arrive to the EU and NATO G7 conference in Brussels with a 900-strong entourage that includes 45 vehicles, three planes and a price tag of €10M ($10.4M) for the president’s 24-hour stay.

And about those poll figures? A CNN/ORC Poll seems to confirm what everyone in that room in the Netherlands was thinking. Asked if leaders of other countries respect Obama, only 39% said yes.

Finally, people are waking up to the fact that the Emperor has no clothes. But is it too late?

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/03/awkward-slow-clap-obamas-remarks-netherlands/#LjQlRsHBVTGSQ4SS.99
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:38:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Re: Awkward slow clap for Obama's remarks in the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:46:17 pm »
I heard this on Rush.

Sounded like one person clapping..............very, very slowly.

Made me smile!   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:35:43 pm »
It is ONE person clapping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »
I heard this on Rush.

Sounded like one person clapping..............very, very slowly.

Made me smile!   :smokin: 

And after that one clap he says "thank you" twice ... like the clapping was happening.  Sparky looked a wee bit confused.   88devil

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:41:03 pm »
I guess the people are seeing of Europe Obama for the quack he really is. :Obounce:  That one person clapping was probably doing it out of courtesy or it was a Secret Service agent trying to make a silk purse out of sow's ear. :pigs fly:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:42:16 pm by rangerrebew »