Author Topic: Obama: Pope Didn’t Raise Obamacare ‘In Detail’ But I Told Vatican Sec. of State ‘Most Religious Organizations Are Entirely Exempt’  (Read 705 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/obama-pope-didn-t-raise-obamacare-detail-i-told-vatican-sec-state

Obama: Pope Didn’t Raise Obamacare ‘In Detail’ But I Told Vatican Sec. of State ‘Most Religious Organizations Are Entirely Exempt’
March 27, 2014 - 6:33 PM
By Patrick Goodenough

(CNSNews.com) – President Obama said Pope Francis did not raise Obamacare “in detail” when they met on Thursday, but that in a separate meeting with the Vatican’s secretary of state “we discussed briefly the issue of making sure that conscience and religious freedom was observed in the context of applying the law.”

At a joint press conference with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, Obama also acknowledged that he differs with the Vatican’s stance on some issues, but added that he “heartily” agrees with most of its positions.

During his nearly hour-long papal audience, Obama said Pope Francis “actually did not touch in detail on the Affordable Care Act.”

When he met with Vatican secretary of state Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the president said, “I explained to him that most religious organizations are entirely exempt [from the contraceptive mandate]. Religiously-affiliated hospitals or universities or NGOs simply have to attest that they have a religious objection, in which case they are not required to provide contraception, although that employees of theirs who choose are able to obtain it through the insurance company.”

“And I pledged to continue to dialogue with the U.S. Conference of Bishops to make sure that we can strike the right balance, making sure that not only everybody has health care but families, and women in particular, are able to enjoy the kind of health care coverage that the ACA offers, but that religious freedom is still observed,” he said.

A few minutes later, a questioner raised the issue of “schisms” on social issues, and asked Obama whether they  “would stand in the way of you and Pope Francis collaborating or forming a strategic alliance to tackle income inequality.”

“First of all, I just want to make clear … that we actually didn’t talk a whole lot about social schisms in my conversations with His Holiness,” Obama replied. “In fact, that really was not a topic of conversation. I think His Holiness and the Vatican have been clear about their position on a range of issues, some of them I differ with, most I heartily agree with.”

“And I don’t think that His Holiness envisions entering into a partnership or a coalition with any political figure on any issue,” he said. “His job is a little more elevated. We’re down on the ground dealing with the often profane, and he’s dealing with higher powers.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Most Religious Organizations Are Entirely Exempt’

He is such a f**king liar!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
‘In Detail’

definition of what is, is

Obama's mouth is open he's lying.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
But I Told Vatican Sec. of State ‘Most Religious Organizations Are Entirely Exempt’

Since when, did I miss something?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
We were thinking the same thing. I had not seen your post and said the same thing.

He is a bold faced liar. I think it was Krauthammer that said, how can Obama lie so much, doesn't he know we have youtube and transcripts?

Online rustynail

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Video: Obama meets Pope Francis, talks for 50 minutes; Update: Vatican says abortion, religious freedom issues raised; Update: Curious omission on income inequality
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/27/video-obama-meets-pope-francis-talks-for-50-minutes/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Watch the video: It is SO OBVIOUS it is a photo op for Obama, he smiles like a complete dufus. Like he is taking a selfie with Beyonce' or JayZ.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/27/video-obama-meets-pope-francis-talks-for-50-minutes/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:02:10 am by Gazoo »

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
I'm not Catholic but I'm pretty sure there's a special place in hell for a person who lies to the Pope (and right to his face).  Just sayin' . . . .
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

rangerrebew

Most organizations are entirely exempt as long as they believe in birth control, abortion, illegal immigration, pedophilia, chooming, American weakness, dishonesty, lack of integrity on the part of the administration, hate the Constitution, and adore islam.  That doesn't leave very many, does it? :whistle: