Author Topic: Obama Makes Two Major Foreign Policy Gaffes on Europe Trip  (Read 611 times)

Offline flowers

Obama Makes Two Major Foreign Policy Gaffes on Europe Trip
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:56:12 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/03/27/Obama-Makes-Two-Major-Foreign-Polcy-Gaffes-on-Europe-Trip

If messing up on Kosovo wasn’t enough, Obama has now also potentially undermined Georgia’s application to join NATO.

Speaking at the press conference after the EU-US summit yesterday the US President wrongly suggested that Georgia "is not currently on a path to NATO membership". In fact the country has been on the path to membership since 2008.

At the North Atlantic Council in Bucharest that year the attending Heads of State and Government agreed the following statement: "NATO welcomes Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations for membership in NATO.  We agreed today that they will become members of NATO."

Former Georgian Ambassador to London Giorgi Badridze, told Breitbart London: "President Obama's remarks could hardly have come at a worse time – or have been formulated in a worse manner.

"Firstly, it's wrong to link Georgia's aspirations for NATO membership with those of Ukraine. Georgia has been working hard to achieve more progress in that direction, while Ukraine formally withdrew from the process years ago.

"The second – and most damaging - thing the President said is that Georgia and Ukraine are 'not currently on a path to NATO membership'. This ignores the fact NATO made a firm commitment to admitting Georgia at the Bucharest Summit back in 2008.

"Thirdly, stating Russian opposition as a reason for halting Georgian progress towards NATO membership will only embolden Moscow and strengthen its view that it has a right to effectively veto enlargement – a dangerous precedent.

"Putin's tanks are positioned along the border with Eastern Ukraine, Crimea is under occupation and Putin has long been looking for a reason to finish the job he never had the chance to finish in 2008: terminating Georgia’s independence. Against that backdrop, Obama'’s comments were not only unfortunate but, in the context of regional security, dangerous."

Daniel Hamilton, a UK-based Foreign Policy expert, told Breitbart London: "Over the past sixty-five years, NATO has more than proved its worth as a guarantor of peace, stability and security in Europe.

Offline flowers

Re: Obama Makes Two Major Foreign Policy Gaffes on Europe Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:04 pm »
Former Georgian Ambassador to London Giorgi Badridze, told Breitbart London: "President Obama's remarks could hardly have come at a worse time – or have been formulated in a worse manner.
maybe that was the idea?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:14 pm »
But Obama is supposed to be the Smartest Man on the Planet!! How can this be??
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:32 pm »
But Obama is supposed to be the Smartest Man on the Planet!! How can this be??

Least qualified guy in any room he enters.......

:smokin:

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:48:07 pm »
Least qualified guy in any room he enters.......

:smokin:

True that!

Including his solitary confinement cell.

PS: Remember when the Dope From Hope (Slick Willie) was the Smartest Man to ever Grace our presence, followed by Algore? I believe that the very same thing was said of the Peanut Farmer, Jimma Carter.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:50:47 pm by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 10:09:05 pm »
only 2!!  wow, that's gotta be a record for him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:32:37 pm »
only 2!!  wow, that's gotta be a record for him.

You took the words right off my keyboard!!   88devil