Author Topic: Issa to IRS Commissioner: release Lerner's emails or face contempt  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

Issa to IRS Commissioner: Release Lerner's Emails or Face Contempt
Katie Pavlich | Mar 26, 2014

Six months ago, Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa subpoenaed the emails of former head of IRS Tax Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner. Lerner was in charge during the IRS' inappropriate targeting of conservative, patriot and tea party groups.

IRS officials have failed to comply with the subpoena and today during a hearing on Capitol Hill, Issa threatened IRS Commissioner John A. Koskinen, one of only two political appointees at the agency, with contempt.

"Unfortunately you've been more concerned with managing political fallout than complying with this Committee," Issa said, urging Koskinen to comply or "potentially be held in contempt."

Koskinen responded by saying it is difficult to track down all of Lerner's emails in the government system and that agents were still working to gather the proper information.

"Will you provide all of the emails?" Issa asked.

"We will give you redacted copies," Koskinen responded, adding that if Issa wants all of Lerner's emails, it could take years to get them delivered.

Earlier this month, Lerner plead the Fifth for a second time in front of the Committee and was also threatened with contempt.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/03/26/issa-to-irs-commissioner-release-lerners-emails-or-face-contempt-n1814965?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:01:17 am by rangerrebew »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Issa to IRS Commissioner: release Lerner's emails or face contempt
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:25:28 am »
Yeah! Dammit! Contempt of Congress. That'll show em! ... lol

As Trey Gowdy said about government workers and department heads, 'These people fear no consequences.'

As Obama himself and his personal version of Adolf Eichmann, Eric Holder, have blazed the trail for complete disregard of 'Law' and Congress, his minions are following in their footsteps.

I don't think anyone in D.C. fears a Contempt of Congress threat anymore, the same way they have no respect, one could say active disrespect, for Congressional subpoenas. They just ignore them, brush them off, or as IRS chief John Koskinen did yesterday, they seem to actually make fun of Congress. From what I saw yesterday, he seemed to be almost laughing at Congress and teasing them.

And he knows full well, Obama, Holder, the Liberal Courts, and the American media, all have his back and are all looking out for him. This is what 'one Party rule' looks like. This is what authoritarianism looks like.

It may be too robust to say, 'There is no more 'Law' in America.' But my own opinion is that it is not too much of an exaggeration to say, 'There is no more 'Law' in Washington D.C. at least not in the way it has been traditionally thought of and enforced.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:05:23 pm »
here is the huffypost version of these events.

Koskinen spent hours in front of the House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform for its ongoing probe of IRS targeting of political groups, often insisting the IRS will give the committee every document they are seeking in a subpoena, but that it will take years to do that lawfully.

The reason, Koskinen said, is that by law, members of the Oversight Committee are legally barred from access to individual taxpayers' personal information, and every single document must be reviewed by an expert in the law before it can be redacted and handed over.

Such documents are being gathered and handed over to the House Ways and Means Committee and Senate Finance Committee, since both can see taxpayer data, Koskinen continued.

His answers aggrieved numerous Republicans on the committee, who insisted the IRS could do better, even though it has already spent nearly $15 million trying to comply with several congressional probes, according to Koskinen.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen Crushes Republican's Contempt Of Congress Threat
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/irs-john-koskinen_n_5036858.html
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:11:00 pm »
Same contempt Eric Hold 'em received and ignored? Issa's a publicity hungry ass clown.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 02:06:29 pm »
They can go ahead and issue a contempt citation to this entire administration as far as I'm concerned but it won't make a modicum of difference whether they do or not!

Until they get serious and appoint select committees to look into all of these scandals they are just showboating for public consumption.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:06:56 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 02:10:42 pm »
Same contempt Eric Hold 'em received and ignored? Issa's a publicity hungry ass clown.

Exactly!  :beer:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 02:15:10 pm »
What has now become boring theater and absolutely meaningless