Author Topic: The invisible primary: GOP preps as Chris Christie stumbles  (Read 388 times)

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
The invisible primary: GOP preps as Chris Christie stumbles
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:12:49 AM »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline olde north church

Re: The invisible primary: GOP preps as Chris Christie stumbles
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:05:42 AM »
Bridgegate?  BRIDGEGATE???  The tales of some second-string, jerkwater assemblyman and his merry band of elves?
For the love of Christ, it's not even page 17, below the fold here.  I know more about local debutantes and the pecadilloes of local car dealers!
You want to hit Christie?  Hit him where it's relevant.  Like his inability to roll over the Dems and get the economy started.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »
Excuse me? Inability to run over Dems? You do realize he's a Republican in Trenton, New Jersy? Still, Christie made inroads and has had some successes in opposition territory.

"Politics, everywhere, is a consequence of geography, but with Christie the effect is more pronounced than with most. New Jersey is a very specific place, with its desolate cities and fortified suburbs and an extreme economic privilege that is both widespread and barely acknowledged. Christie holds conventionally conservative positions on many issues ..."

http://nymag.com/news/features/chris-christie-2013-8/

A little local color for perspective.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:40:10 AM »
Excuse me? Inability to run over Dems? You do realize he's a Republican in Trenton, New Jersy? Still, Christie made inroads and has had some successes in opposition territory.

"Politics, everywhere, is a consequence of geography, but with Christie the effect is more pronounced than with most. New Jersey is a very specific place, with its desolate cities and fortified suburbs and an extreme economic privilege that is both widespread and barely acknowledged. Christie holds conventionally conservative positions on many issues ..."

Realize?  I live in NJ!  He's King of Bluster.  Shouting down other loudmouths in public fora but too busy trying to build concensus in the State House.
George W Bush rose to the occasion on 9/11, Christie is too busy trying to market Sandy.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »

Love him or hate him, he can boast of success in reduced spending, new jobs, balanced budgets four years in a row and lower taxes. By any measure he's a successful reelected Republican Gov.

Emphasis added to remind of the difficulty of getting anything conservative done in blue blue New Jersey.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
So far.....it's Rick Perry for me!

.....the "new" Rick Perry.   The one with the smarter eyeglasses.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
Well, I'm not working for Christie's election, just for disclosure of facts. However, the gov could end up being a candidate and so it's good getting everything out there, good, bad or indifferent.

By the way, I agree about the new Rick Perry. A vast improvement from candidate Perry.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »

The article couldn't be more wrong on so many levels but what can be expected by someone who writes as if he were observing the soap opera within a Petri dish.  The Leftard comment section was a cartoon.
I grew up in one of New Jersey's small towns.  Near some of the areas that allowed us to proudly use the term "The Garden State" and be within Federal truth in advertising laws.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »
So far.....it's Rick Perry for me!

.....the "new" Rick Perry.   The one with the smarter eyeglasses.

We could do far worse for sure!

I just hope he looses that crop of idiots he had advising him the last time and sticks to the stuff he knows and truly believes!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf