Author Topic: New report hints at bipartisan culpability on Benghazi  (Read 985 times)

Offline happyg

New report hints at bipartisan culpability on Benghazi
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:50:18 am »

The intricate web spun around the incident at Benghazi seems to have no end. It is really quite shameful for this nation that we have come this far and still have no resolution as to what truly occurred that fateful night of September 11, 2012 — nor do we have a select committee with subpoena powers, despite broad support in the House.

However, there are some who embody the highest level of journalistic integrity and will not allow this story to fade away. One of those individuals is Catherine Herridge of Fox News. Her recent analysis brings forth more questions than answers about how a particular consulting firm, Beacon Global Strategies, is entwined with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and others involved with the controversy.

As Herridge reports, Beacon Global Strategies employs former CIA Acting Director Mike Morell, Philippe Reines, whom the New York Times magazine recently described as Clinton’s “principal gatekeeper” and who traveled with her to over a hundred countries, Jeremy Bash, former chief of staff to Leon Panetta and Andrew Shapiro, a Clinton policy adviser at the State Department whose portfolio included ridding Libya of shoulder-launched missiles called MANPADs.

But this is also a bipartisan mess, as Beacon Global Strategies also employs J. Michael Allen, who was a former majority staff director for the House Intelligence Committee.

For the full report by Catherine Herrdige, click here.

One just has to become more and more suspect about what happened in Benghazi, but even more concerning, will we ever ascertain the truth?

Herridge’s report does nothing to dispel my belief there is bipartisan culpability on Benghazi and hence why, even with a majority of House support, we do not have a select committee with subpoena powers.

There are far too many lies, cover-ups, and unanswered questions — not to mention secrecy and questionable maneuvers. I believe one day America will come to know that Benghazi was one of the darkest days in our history, and our government sought to hide the truth.

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/03/new-report-hints-bipartisan-culpability-benghazi/#Pcop0gyooBy3HtCv.99

Oceander

Re: New report hints at bipartisan culpability on Benghazi
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:34:43 am »
I really don't see the "bipartisan" part of this.  The House of Representatives - the only big part of the federal gov't controlled by republicans - wasn't in charge of running foreign affairs or foreign military/intelligence missions - that's the whole point of having a president who is also commander in chief, isn't it? - so I fail to see how there are bipartisan dirty hands here.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:52:16 am »
I really don't see the "bipartisan" part of this.  The House of Representatives - the only big part of the federal gov't controlled by republicans - wasn't in charge of running foreign affairs or foreign military/intelligence missions - that's the whole point of having a president who is also commander in chief, isn't it? - so I fail to see how there are bipartisan dirty hands here.

If Stevens was acting as a gun runner for Turkey and Syrian rebels, it is very likely it was a classified operation known and signed off on by congressional Republicans.  It's quite telling that no one in congressional hearings seems interested in what Stevens was doing in that safe house to begin with.  The phony video story is fair game but our involvement in funding radical Islam is not, probably because the latter was done with congressional leadership complicity.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:44:13 pm »
If Stevens was acting as a gun runner for Turkey and Syrian rebels, it is very likely it was a classified operation known and signed off on by congressional Republicans.  It's quite telling that no one in congressional hearings seems interested in what Stevens was doing in that safe house to begin with.  The phony video story is fair game but our involvement in funding radical Islam is not, probably because the latter was done with congressional leadership complicity.

I have heard rumblings along these lines for quite some time, now.

There has to be a damned good reason why Boehner is so steadfastly refusing to name a SELECT COMMITTEE to dig into BENGHAZI. This makes as much sense as anything else.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 06:12:50 pm »
I have heard rumblings along these lines for quite some time, now.

There has to be a damned good reason why Boehner is so steadfastly refusing to name a SELECT COMMITTEE to dig into BENGHAZI. This makes as much sense as anything else.

I've been saying exactly that here for over a year now! Boner, and likely others as well,  knew about what was going on illegally in Benghazi and DO NOT want the story made public under any circumstance!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
I've been saying exactly that here for over a year now! Boner, and likely others as well,  knew about what was going on illegally in Benghazi and DO NOT want the story made public under any circumstance!
I would give anything to see Boehner go down. Really and sincerely. I don't care how it happens, just so it happens.

Damned Lounge Lizard-looking turd.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.