Author Topic: 'What the hell is this, a joke?'  (Read 835 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'What the hell is this, a joke?'
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:48:52 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/201791-boehner-what-the-hell-is-this-a-joke

March 26, 2014, 11:29 am

By Russell Berman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKZXyxZH65Y

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Wednesday blasted the Obama administration’s decision to extend enrollment in the healthcare law’s insurance exchange for some people, suggesting the president had made “a joke” out of his signature achievement.

“What the hell is this, a joke?” Boehner said at his weekly press conference.

He was responding to the administration’s announcement on Tuesday evening that people who had begun the process of signing up for insurance through the federal exchanges would have until mid-April to do so, instead of March 31.

The Speaker called the move “another deadline made meaningless,” adding it to a litany of unilateral changes to the law that the administration has made. He criticized the administration for making no effort to ensure that people receiving the extension had actually begun the process of signing up by March 31.

“This is part of a longterm pattern of this administration manipulating the law for its own convenience,” Boehner said. “It’s not hard to understand why the American people question this administration’s commitment to the rule of law.

“I’ve got to live by the law, you’ve got to live by the law, and guess what? The president has to live by the law as well,” Boehner concluded before leaving the press conference.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: 'What the hell is this, a joke?'
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:23:08 pm »
Once again, in a violation of his Constitutional duties and oath, Obama by-passes Congress.

Boehner's response?

Not a damned thing other than some snarky comment.

Bravo Foxtrot Delta
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:15:26 pm »
Once again, in a violation of his Constitutional duties and oath, Obama by-passes Congress.

Boehner's response?

Not a damned thing other than some snarky comment.

Bravo Foxtrot Delta

What, exactly, could he do right now?  Any legislation would be shot down in the Senate.

The thing to do now is for freedom advocates everywhere to start finding people who have standing to sue the federal government for every little executive alteration Obuttocks has made to the law, and to sue the federal government and HHS into paralysis on Obastardcare.

The left/progressives routinely use pretextual strike suits like that to paralyze the gov't, so why shouldn't we?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:16:13 pm by Oceander »

Offline Howie66

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:29 pm »
What, exactly, could he do right now?  Any legislation would be shot down in the Senate.

The thing to do now is for freedom advocates everywhere to start finding people who have standing to sue the federal government for every little executive alteration Obuttocks has made to the law, and to sue the federal government and HHS into paralysis on Obastardcare.

The left/progressives routinely use pretextual strike suits like that to paralyze the gov't, so why shouldn't we?

He could do a few things, if you think about it.

First off, he could send a very loud and clear message to the Obama Goon Squad that their days of pissing all over the Constitution are over and done. By naming SELECT COMMITTEEs to immediately begin public hearings on BENGHAZI, the IRS, FAST & FURIOUS and HHS handling of OBAMACIDE, somebody in the Regime might get the message that Congress is no longer going to be ignored.

I believe that public support for this would be very strong and positive.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:35 pm »

First off, he could send a very loud and clear message to the Obama Goon Squad that their days of pissing all over the Constitution are over and done. By naming SELECT COMMITTEEs to immediately begin public hearings on BENGHAZI, the IRS, FAST & FURIOUS and HHS handling of OBAMACIDE, somebody in the Regime might get the message that Congress is no longer going to be ignored.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:35 pm »

How's Issa doing with that?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:52:50 pm »

Select committees operate in an entirely different manner than standing committees. Surely you know that!

For example each side would have staff council who could question witnesses at length and fully develop lines of questioning.  That can't happen with a standing committee.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »
Select committees operate in an entirely different manner than standing committees. Surely you know that!

For example each side would have staff council who could question witnesses at length and fully develop lines of questioning.  That can't happen with a standing committee.

BINGO!   :beer:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »

And then I woke up.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14:13 pm »

Issa is showboating, I'm afraid.

These individual standing committees are nothing more than a minor irritant for the perps. A SELECT COMMITTEE would have a far ranging impact on getting to the bottom of these scandals.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 07:15:23 pm »
And then I woke up.

Alas...I fear that you are correct. Garden snails have far more backbone than Boehner could ever dream of.

Offline Carling

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 01:12:41 am »

Select committees are dismissed as even more partisan than normal hearings.  It's sad to me watching you post the same things over and over, when the reality is that the select committees are a waste of time, and always have been a waste of time.  The media for the most part won't cover it, and when they do, it will be to point out how hyper-partisan such a move is.  Let's actually win more seats in November, not shoot ourselves in the foot (as you and others seem to be begging to do ... the Stupid Party never learns, yet you want them to act stupidly), and take on Obama with majorities in both houses of congress starting in 2015.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 02:54:36 am »
Select committees are dismissed as even more partisan than normal hearings.  It's sad to me watching you post the same things over and over, when the reality is that the select committees are a waste of time, and always have been a waste of time.  The media for the most part won't cover it, and when they do, it will be to point out how hyper-partisan such a move is.  Let's actually win more seats in November, not shoot ourselves in the foot (as you and others seem to be begging to do ... the Stupid Party never learns, yet you want them to act stupidly), and take on Obama with majorities in both houses of congress starting in 2015.

I can't possibly tell you how little your opinions of my posts concern me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 11:14:04 pm »
I can't possibly tell you how little your opinions of my posts concern me!

That's too bad.  You might actually learn something outside of your echo chamber.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 11:16:32 pm »

I've been asking that question since the Spring of 2009.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald