Author Topic: Donald Rumsfeld: a 'trained ape' could have handled Karzai better  (Read 402 times)

rangerrebew

Donald Rumsfeld: A ‘Trained Ape’ Could Have Handled Karzai Better

March 25, 2014
By Sara Noble

Former U.S. Defense Secretary under President George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfield, spoke on the phone to Greta Van Susteren Monday evening during her TV show, On the Record. He stated the obvious – the U.S. is responsible for the poor relationship with President Hamid Karzai – we have trashed Karzai over and over…

It was not only Barack Obama who was responsible but also Special Envoy Holbrook, VP Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Instead of dealing with him privately and using private diplomacy, they came out against him repeatedly in an unpleasant manner, leaving him little choice but to turn away from the U.S.

Karzai has extended his gratitude to the American people for all they have done for his country but to the American government he extended his extreme anger, Rumsfeld said.

Hamid Karzai came out publicly this week to say that he supported Russia’s takeover of Crimea. It was meant to embarrass President Obama.

President Obama’s ineffective diplomacy is responsible for our poor relationship with Hamid Karzai, Rumsfeld said.

“Our relationship with Karzai and with Afghanistan was absolutely first-rate in the Bush administration,” Rumsfeld told Fox News’s Greta Van Susteren. “It has gone down hill like a toboggan ever since the Obama administration came in.”

Obama on the downhill run

In terms of the status of forces agreement, “A trained ape can get a status of forces agreement,” he said. “It does not take a genius. And we have so mismanaged that relationship.”

Donald Rumsfeld:

The left is claiming that Rumsfeld was race-baiting by referring to the failure to get a status of forces agreement up to the capability of a “trained ape”, but referring to a trained ape is a common expression. I guess he could have said a trained bear or a trained poodle.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/donald-rumsfeld-said-a-trained-ape-could-have-handled-karzai-better/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:33:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Donald Rumsfeld: a 'trained ape' could have handled Karzai better
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »
He's about to get lambasted with charges of using a racist code phrase to dis Obama.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:02:44 pm »
I can't say much for Rumsfeld's poor results with his two chances to run wars.

I guess he has forgotten his own glass house.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:04:11 pm »
I can't say much for Rumsfeld's poor results with his two chances to run wars.

I guess he has forgotten his own glass house.

I guess that explains why he knows exactly what a trained ape can do!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:04:30 pm by Oceander »