Author Topic: America's most heartless school suspends girl who haved her head to support cancer stricken friend  (Read 608 times)

rangerrebew

America’s most heartless school suspends girl who shaved her head to support cancer-stricken friend

Posted By Eric Owens On 10:37 AM 03/25/2014 In | No Comments

Kamryn Renfro, a 9-year-old girl who attends Caprock Academy in Grand Junction, Colo., decided to shave her head in support of her friend, 11-year-old Delaney Clements.

Clements is battling neuroblastoma, a childhood cancer, according to Denver NBC affiliate KUSA. She lost her hair because she is undergoing chemotherapy treatment.

A totally cool, totally inspiring display of true friendship on Renfro’s part, right?

“It felt like the right thing to do,” Renfro told KUSA, noting that she got her parents’ permission for the new (non) hairdo.

Clements definitely appreciated the gesture.

“I was really excited I would have somebody to support me and I wouldn’t be alone with people always laughing at me,” she told local Fox affiliate KDVR. “I would at least have somebody to go through it all.”

Naturally, then, officials at Caprock Academy immediately determined on Monday morning that Renfro’s bald head violated a dress-code policy against shaved heads (for anyone).

First thing in the morning, Caprock officials turned Renfro away at the door.

The classical charter school’s leaders stridently cited school policy.

“Caprock Academy does have a detailed dress code policy, which was created to promote safety, uniformity, and a non-distracting environment for the school’s students,” school president Catherine Norton Breman explained. “Under this policy, shaved heads are not permitted.”

Thus, a nine-year-old girl supporting her friend with cancer couldn’t go inside her school without a wig – a wig! – or some grown-back real hair.

Clements’s mother, Wendy Campbell, said she was flabbergasted

“I didn’t realize that hair was such an important aspect of a child at school,” Campbell told KUSA.

Clements was completely bummed out, too.

“It makes me sad because she was really happy to go back to school and show people what she did, but now that she didn’t get to, she’s kind of sad,” the brave cancer survivor said.

After the Denver press seized on the story and shamed Caprock Academy, school officials seemed to change their tune in a hurry.

By Monday afternoon, officials had scheduled an executive session to “review” the haircut policy. They also promised that Renfro could return on Tuesday, even if her hair hasn’t grown back by then — and even without a wig.

Follow Eric on Twitter and on Facebook, and send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/25/americas-most-heartless-school-suspends-girl-who-shaved-her-head-to-support-cancer-stricken-friend/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:30:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Give petty people a little bit of power ....

Is it just an impression, or are there more and more of these school stories recently? I used to be on the homeschooling ping list over at TOS, and don't remember so many stories coming out so fast.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Is it just an impression, or are there more and more of these school stories recently?

I do believe it to be so.  I think it has come about as education takes on the general personality of their benefactors, the US government, and become much more anal in their approach to everything.  I send these to the superintendent of schools in my district in hopes he can head off these kinds of black and white thinking.  To his credit, I have known him for 20 years, after I sent a couple, he asked me to send all these kinds of stories to him.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Figure you are right about the personality thing - never thought of it like that, but it makes a lot of sense.

Your superintendent sounds a solid sort - we need many more like him!  :beer:

Offline olde north church

Simpletons enjoy "Zero Tolerance", otherwise they are forced to think and make decisions somebody, somewhere may not like.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Words of wisdom.  :patriot:

Oceander

After the Denver press seized on the story and shamed Caprock Academy, school officials seemed to change their tune in a hurry.

The power of actual journalism, rather than agit-prop hit pieces.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Zero tolerenace. The girl may have been a skin head against the first half black President. They can't chance it. 
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It's getting to where we should have a special category here for "Fascist School Adminstration" stories. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!

Is it just an impression, or are there more and more of these school stories recently? I used to be on the homeschooling ping list over at TOS, and don't remember so many stories coming out so fast.

You are correct. The Bullying of our kids by these mindless Libtard school bureaucrats is becoming increasingly common. Right up there with the reports of teachers/coaches diddling their students.

Clearly, the school systems have been infiltrated by Marxist pedophiles and bullies and our kids are paying the price.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline olde north church

You are correct. The Bullying of our kids by these mindless Libtard school bureaucrats is becoming increasingly common. Right up there with the reports of teachers/coaches diddling their students.

Clearly, the school systems have been infiltrated by Marxist pedophiles and bullies and our kids are paying the price.

They should start slipping mickeys to the admins and allies, taking photos with farm animals and post them to facebook, twitter and instagram.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

Figure you are right about the personality thing - never thought of it like that, but it makes a lot of sense.

Your superintendent sounds a solid sort - we need many more like him!  :beer:

He just sent me a reply to the article and his comment "what are these people thinking?" :beer: