Author Topic: The Senate Conservatives Fund Is Not Living Very Conservatively  (Read 130 times)

Offline Once-Ler

• This is a terrible support group

The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF), a conservative outside group with a tendency to primary establishment GOP members, is living quite well on Capitol Hill.

SCF, which lists stopping wasteful spending and ending earmarks as their core tenets, has paid $50,000 since June to rent a plum Capitol Hill row house office worth $1.4 million. The five-bedroom, 3.5-bath, 2,800 square-foot house comes complete with a wine cellar and jacuzzi tub.

According to filings, the SFC has spent nearly $15,075 on “interior design services” since June and $11,212 on “Painting/Decorating” for their new location.

SCF’s expenses have received attention before — Politico reported in January that SCF has paid $143,360 over the past three years to a luxury design firm to renovate office space, according to filings.

The rent is a drop in the bucket for SCF, which raised more than $7 million last year and spent more than $8 million, according to FEC reports.

SCF has made waves this election cycle by challenging GOP leadership in Congress, including spending more than $1 million to oust Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and publicly calling for the resignation of Speaker John Boehner.

A spokesperson for SCF told BuzzFeed that the organization uses the property for work space, meetings, candidate interviews, and fundraisers.

The photos below were obtained from a real estate listing for the property.
The property is snazzy and has a rooftop.

Fancy kitchen!

SWAG bathroom with TVs and a jacuzzi.

Oh, a wine room!

Frank J. Fleming ‏@IMAO_

You voted to burn down the GOP. Mission Accomplished. Stop pretending you were voting to stop Hillary.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Re: The Senate Conservatives Fund Is Not Living Very Conservatively
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:33:16 AM »
The people at Buzzfeed realize the cost of real estate in Washington, DC... right? (Of course they do.)

I'm sorry, but other than the wine room, this looks like a pretty modest office/gathering place, although I have to wonder whose brilliant idea it was to put a window next to the bathtub!
Proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance • #NeitherTrumpNorHillary

Reminder: no party or candidate is entitled to my vote by default.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie
"You can't fix stupid." —Ron White

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo