Author Topic: FEC wants Reid to explain 'holiday gifts'  (Read 826 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FEC wants Reid to explain 'holiday gifts'
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:10:54 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/201714-fec-wants-reids-2016-campaign-to-explain-holiday-gifts

March 25, 2014, 05:07 pm
FEC wants Reid to explain 'holiday gifts'

By Rebecca Shabad

The Federal Election Committee (FEC) is asking Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to explain the listing of more than $16,000 in holiday gifts in a campaign filing, according to a report.

Ralston Reports, run by Nevada journalist Jon Ralston, reported Tuesday that 2016 campaign money was used on presents for supporters.

Ralston said he learned the gifts were actually purchased by Reid’s granddaughter, Ryan Elisabeth Reid, who sells jewelry in Berkeley, Calif.

She bought the gifts — using the campaign’s money — for Reid’s donors and backers, the report says.

The filing only identified her as Ryan Elisabeth, and Ralston said he later figured out she was Reid’s relative.

In a letter, the FEC said Reid’s campaign must explain $11,370 and $5,416 expenditures by April 25.

“Itemized disbursements must include a brief statement or description of why each disbursement was made,” said the letter.

Friends of Harry Reid representative Chris Anderson told Ralston, “The campaign complied with all FEC rules.”

Neither Reid’s Senate office nor his campaign, responded to a request for comment from The Hill.

Reid is not up for reelection until 2016, but already began planning for another campaign last October.

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) has been floated as a possible GOP challenger to Reid that year.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: FEC wants Reid to explain 'holiday gifts'
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »
I hope every Republican challenger for the Senate does everything within their power to tie their Democrat opponents to this corrupt schmidglek.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:04 pm »
I hope every Republican challenger for the Senate does everything within their power to tie their Democrat opponents to this corrupt schmidglek.

You got that right.  :beer:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:11:22 am »
In a letter, the FEC said Reid’s campaign must explain $11,370 and $5,416 expenditures by April 25.

Or what?  The FEC can yammer all it wants to, but when/if push comes to shove, Just-Us isn't going to prosecute Reid the Rapacious.