Author Topic: Rare Historical Photos In Color  (Read 670 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rare Historical Photos In Color
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:15:51 pm »

Rare Historical Photos In Color
 Part of channel(s): Liveleakers (promoted)
A collection of some really nice photos from the past "come to life". I've had this idea for quite some time now, but just couldn't find the ones I really wanted. Most of the
photos I took from Life magazine, Library of Congress, Shorpy and National
Geographic.

The text of the song entitled 'Kilkelly Ireland', penned by American song writer Peter Jones, whose great, great grandfather was John Hunt, from the general Kilkelly area. Back in the late 1970s or early 1980s, Peter found a box of old letters in the attic of
his parents home in America. These were a series of letters written between
1860 - 1890, to John Hunt by his parents from their home in Kilkelly in
Ireland. The letters chronicled family news of births, deaths, marriages and
were written on behalf of the parents by local schoolmaster Pat McNamara. It shows the difficulties many families and our ancestors experienced when they immigrated to the U.S. I would suggest you watch it on full screen, if you don't want to miss out some details. Enjoy it.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:16:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Rare Historical Photos In Color
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:24:29 pm »
Very interesting and nicely done! Thanks for posting this!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.