Author Topic: 'They've blown off the subpoenas': Republicans prepare brickbats for Obama administration with new IRS corruption hearing  (Read 598 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2588384/Theyve-blown-subpoenas-Republicans-prepare-brickbats-Obama-administration-new-IRS-corruption-hearing.html

'They've blown off the subpoenas': Republicans prepare brickbats for Obama administration with new IRS corruption hearing

The IRS commissioner will be clled on the carpet this week for a Wednesday hearing about the tea-party targeting scandal
    The tax agency played political favorites for more than three years, slow-walking tax-exempt applications from conservative nonprofits
    The right-wingers got dozens of intrusive questions from the IRS that liberal groups didn't have to answer
    Lois Lerner, the official thought to be at the top of the scheme, has refused to testify before Congress
    The House Oversight Committee says the Obama administration has ignored document subpoenas, and committee Republicans want answers

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

PUBLISHED: 18:00 EST, 24 March 2014 | UPDATED: 18:28 EST, 24 March 2014

Congressional Republicans, led by House Oversight Committee chair Darrell Issa,are planning another IRS coal-raking exercise for Wednesday, hauling the tax agency's commissioner in for a hearing about the nearly year-old tea party targeting scandal.

Committee staff say the U.S. Department of Justice and the rest of the Obama administration haven't shown them any sign that they're investigating corruption in the awarding of income tax exemptions to nonprofit groups.

An aide to one Republican committee member said Monday that the White House and the Treasury Department were already dangerously close to causing a constitutional crisis.

'They've blown off the subpoenas,' the aide said, referring to legal demands the committee issued to the IRS on August 2 and February 14. 'If the DOJ keeps dragging its heels too, and can just get away with it, why do we have an oversight committee in the first place? It's like the White House has never heard of the separation of powers.'

continued
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:08:30 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Ohhhhh, we get to see Issa, in all his glory, before some more cameras! He'll be making charges, and promising serious consequences.

Then the lights go off, and Issa retreats to wherever it is performers go once they're finished with the play.

This is becoming a self parody.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:31:25 pm by Relic »

Offline MBB1984

Put up or shut up, resign and let someone else carry the ball.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Ohhhhh, we get to see Issa, in all his glory, before some more cameras! He'll be making charges, and promising serious consequences.

Then the lights go off, and Issa retreats to wherever it is performers go once their finished with the play.

This is becoming a self parody.

Kabuki Theater at it's finest.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

'They've blown off the subpoenas,' the aide said, referring to legal demands the committee issued to the IRS on August 2 and February 14.

So where are the contempt of Congress charges?  Shouldn't those be forthcoming?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
An aide to one Republican committee member said Monday that the White House and the Treasury Department were already dangerously close to causing a constitutional crisis.

'They've blown off the subpoenas,' the aide said, referring to legal demands the committee issued to the IRS on August 2 and February 14. 'If the DOJ keeps dragging its heels too, and can just get away with it, why do we have an oversight committee in the first place? It's like the White House has never heard of the separation of powers.'

The fact that Lerner plead the fifth but is giving/gave a full interview to their investigator that donated to the Obama campaign. Is enough to raise the roof. Holder is in contempt and nothing happened to him but that he laughed at them.

What is the next recourse?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
The fact that Lerner plead the fifth but is giving/gave a full interview to their investigator that donated to the Obama campaign. Is enough to raise the roof. Holder is in contempt and nothing happened to him but that he laughed at them.

What is the next recourse?

Firing Squad?

Well...a guy can dream, can't he?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.