Author Topic: Sasha Obama is not impressed with trip to China  (Read 1299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sasha Obama is not impressed with trip to China
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:47:27 pm »
http://nypost.com/2014/03/25/obamas-daughter-seems-disinterested-in-china-trip/

Sasha Obama is not impressed with trip to China

By Geoff Earle

March 25, 2014 | 2:40am

WASHINGTON — Spring break was never this dull.

First Lady Michelle Obama’s kids finally hit the wall on their whirlwind visit to China, showing signs they’ve nearly reached their limit tagging along with Mom as she visits site after site on what’s billed as a “person-to-person” tour.

Accompanied by Malia, 15, and Sasha, 12, the first lady on Monday toured Xi’an, an ancient city in the ancestral province of Chinese President Xi Jinping.

They inspected the city’s 600-year-old wall, a day after touring the Great Wall near Beijing.

Photos show Sasha looking like she’d rather be back home with her pals than hitting the highlights of the world’s most populous nation.

The family also visited the famed pit where some 8,000 terra-cotta warriors were buried along with China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, around 210 BC.

Michelle Obama asked questions of a museum director, but her daughters looked only “vaguely interested,” according to a pool reporter who was kept at a distance.

The first lady also walked around the city, where she met a group of schoolchildren. When one of the students invited her to jump rope, she changed out of her heels and briefly joined in.

The weeklong trip, an effort to build bridges with the fast-emerging power, is also attracting attention for its steep cost.

Obama’s five-star Westin hotel, where she reportedly is paying $8,400 per night, was deemed too pricey for Vice President Joe Biden during his visit late last year, according to federal contract documents.

“Westin Chaoyang — price was prohibitive when compared with St. Regis — otherwise met requirements,” according to documents posted by the The Weekly Standard.

Malia and Sasha appear bored while watching a man flying a kite at the City Wall.Photo: Reuters

“In preliminary price comparisons, the costs were tens of thousands of dollars over the St. Regis. We requested a price reduction but a great cost difference remained,” the document adds.

Biden’s tab was $384,000, and Michelle Obama’s trip — on which she is accompanied by her mother, Marianne Robinson, her daughters and multiple Secret Service agents and other officials — is expected to run significantly more.

In Europe, President Obama joked with China’s president about how his wife, who tried her hand at ping-pong during the trip, didn’t measure up to “high-level ping-pong diplomacy” of the past.

President Xi responded in stiff language, saying: “She asked me to formally convey to you her best regards,” and got a laugh from a roomful of diplomats.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:47:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Re: Sasha Obama is not impressed with trip to China
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:12:19 pm »
My heart bleeds for them. 

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:16:29 pm »

Exactly!
Who gives a rip what a spoiled communist rat thinks. She's being groomed, and I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that she already sees people like me as the enemy. I know I see her as the enemy.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:19:19 pm »
From what I've read, China isn't to impressed with them either.  By the way, nice combat boots the girls are wearing. :silly:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »
Like anything else one gets for nothing, this trip has little value to her. 

:smokin:

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:44:30 pm »

Whilst not my heart, certainly my wallet.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:39 pm »
Between the combat boots and the way-too-short skirts, the Obama girls aren't doing much for the 'ugly American' meme.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 09:45:20 pm »
From what I've read, China isn't to impressed with them either.  By the way, nice combat boots the girls are wearing. :silly:
Chinese have very high IQs and blacks have very low IQs. The Chinese know exactly what they are dealing with.

With blacks at the helm, the US has lost more ground and at a faster pace, than any other time in US history.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 11:05:38 pm »
The girls look bored to tears, the Grandmother looks pissed off and Michelle's just looking to jump rope.

I couldn't be more proud.   :whistle:

Offline Carling

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 12:20:58 am »
I find piling on the Obama girls to be cheap shots, and I'm surprised it's happened on this board.  It's not their fault that their mom dragged them halfway around the world.  Sasha Obama would probably rather be back in DC hanging with her friends.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:21:26 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 12:40:41 am »
These girls have NO manners.  They are old enough to know that the cameras are always on them.  They ought to be expected to maintain a polite demeanor when out in public.

If they want to show their displeasure with their surroundings they ought to take it up with their mother.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 12:43:57 am »
I'd go easy on the girls, as much as I'm sure they're nothing but a pair of spoiled little rich brats; very few kids have a lot of fun when a parent takes them on a "working" vacation - i.e., where the parent spends very little real time with the kids - and they can't really be faulted for not having manners because the sort of manners I think are being envisioned are the sort that the children of royalty are expected to have, but they get trained to that from the day they're born; these two were plucked out of relative normalcy only 5 years ago.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:54 am »
I find piling on the Obama girls to be cheap shots, and I'm surprised it's happened on this board.  It's not their fault that their mom dragged them halfway around the world.  Sasha Obama would probably rather be back in DC hanging with her friends.

Agreed. She'd probably also not like to have a busted hand (top picture, the cast is kind of hard to miss). You try staying cheerful when you are 12 years old and hurting, surrounded by people who speak bad English or gibberish..

It was wrong for Amy Carter. It was wrong for Chelsea Clinton. It was wrong for the Bush girls (not my fault, I can never remember their names - one of the things GWB and Laura got right). It's wrong for Sasha and Malia.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 12:49:27 am »
They were raised by a narcissist and an angry leftist.

If they turn out well, it will be a miracle.

I'm with Carling........... lay off the girls.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 01:10:22 am »
These girls have NO manners.  They are old enough to know that the cameras are always on them.  They ought to be expected to maintain a polite demeanor when out in public.

If they want to show their displeasure with their surroundings they ought to take it up with their mother.

This is an absolutely ridiculous post.  I could take a video of you during a day with you knowing it, and find a still photo that would make you look angry/sad/happy/etc. etc.  Hateful liberals like to go after the children of GOP.  Please don't stoop that that level.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 01:12:02 am »
This is an absolutely ridiculous post.  I could take a video of you during a day with you knowing it, and find a still photo that would make you look angry/sad/happy/etc. etc.  Hateful liberals like to go after the children of GOP.  Please don't stoop that that level.

relax man; it's not worth getting so bent out of shape.

Offline Relic

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 01:13:37 pm »

Normally, I'd agree with you. These are not normal circumstances. The Obama's are being irredeemably indoctrinated as Marxists. (See: Chelsea Clinton).

I cannot muster an ounce of sympathy for the devil or their spawn.