Author Topic: Just three states short  (Read 2026 times)

rangerrebew

Just three states short
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:43:26 pm »

Just 3 states short

This is what Mark Levin has been talking about

a constitutional convention by the states to get back to the laws of the Constitution. 

35 STATES SO FAR.....IT'S GROWING

One message to forward!

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them.  It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress.  Their latest stunt is to exempt themselves from the  Healthcare Reform that they passed ... in all of its  forms.  Somehow, that doesn't seem logical.  We do not have an elite ruling class that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever.  The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 15 people, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message.  This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of  the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators, Representatives of Congress; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or  Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States   ..."

You are one of my 15 (or more).  Please keep this going.

PS:  You can forward this message, or copy and paste it into a new message.  We still have that choice!

From an e mail

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Just three states short
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 01:34:01 pm »
Ya know what worries me about a Constitutional Convention??  The number of far Left and Progressives that would most certainly have an enormous impact on whatever the convention produced.  I am not at all comfortable letting the enemies of America re-write our constitution.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »
Ya know what worries me about a Constitutional Convention??  The number of far Left and Progressives that would most certainly have an enormous impact on whatever the convention produced.  I am not at all comfortable letting the enemies of America re-write our constitution.

If nothing else, it might open some dialogue about the direction of the country unless they do like the founders and block all news from it.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:49:22 pm »

One thing that is certain.

We cannot continue on the same course that we have been on for the past few years.

We need to put the brakes on and get this country back to the way that it was intended to operate under the constraints of the Constitution.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »

absolutely!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 10:22:34 pm »
Yep. Careful what you wish for

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:00:55 am »
[[ Ya know what worries me about a Constitutional Convention??  The number of far Left and Progressives that would most certainly have an enormous impact on whatever the convention produced.  I am not at all comfortable letting the enemies of America re-write our constitution ]]

Then don't admit or recognize them at such a convention.

Remove them, kick them out, add tar and feathers if necessary.

I'm not joking.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 02:31:39 am »
What Levin has been talking about is NOT what is commonly known as a "Constitutional Convention" (with all of its attendant perils).

It is an Article V Convention. 

What is a Convention of States? (General FAQs)

Convention of States Home Page  has a great deal of information on the whole topic.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:32:02 am by katzenjammer »

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 03:52:29 am »
What Levin has been talking about is NOT what is commonly known as a "Constitutional Convention" (with all of its attendant perils).

It is an Article V Convention. 

What is a Convention of States? (General FAQs)

Convention of States Home Page  has a great deal of information on the whole topic.

All constitutional conventions are Article V conventions, unless you're planning on tearing up the present Constitution and just starting over from scratch.  Why?  Because Article V is the only place where the rules for amending the Constitution are found.

And, with all due respect to Mr. Levin, when enough states call for a convention - which Congress must call - then that convention is a plenary convention at which any and all potential amendments to the Constitution can be proposed, and any such proposed amendment becomes part and parcel of the Constitution upon ratification by 3/4s of the state legislatures, or by conventions in 3/4s of the states - depending on which mode of ratification Congress chooses (it is free to choose either one).

Now, here's the fun part:  other than the broad outlines for what's needed in order to have a convention, the Constitution doesn't provide any rules - or even guidelines or wishful thinking - for how such a convention should be run - do Robert's Rules of Order apply?  How are delegates to the convention chosen, and how many delegates does each state get?  Is a proposed amendment adopted on a straight majority vote, a 2/3s vote, or a 3/4s vote (which would be consistent with the 3/4 requirements in Art. V itself)?  Who gets to propose amendments, only the delegates, or anyone who can muster a certain number of signatures on a petition?  What sort of participation will the general public be granted?  Will the sessions operate in secret?

And that's before we even get to the most contentious issue - the amendments to be proposed themselves.

I understand the frustration, but I do not think we want a constitutional convention called by 3/4s of the states; that would be a disaster of epic proportions - it would make Noah's flood look like a gentle afternoon sprinkle.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:00:38 am by Oceander »