Author Topic: In Afghanistan, A U.S. Special Forces Major's Meteoric Rise And Humiliating Fall  (Read 415 times)

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Ford289HiPo

But with the drawdown of U.S. troops and a withdrawal deadline at the end of this year, "few" Green Beret teams are embedded at the village level,

I left Kunar Province this past November. We had 2 SF teams on the FOB. Rarely were they permitted outside the wire. "Too risky" the command said. Regular Army troops and civilians had more time outside the wire than the guys who were supposed to live out there.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
Well, If you are outside the FOB, you may actually wind up shooting someone. And with Obama and the current version of American government and the State Department, we can't have that.

Better to have the regulars out there who have so many firing restrctions they can't fire their weapon unless they have a hand written permission slip from Obama himself.

Oh, and it has to be one that doesn't say, 'We'll get back to you. Eventually...'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
But with the drawdown of U.S. troops and a withdrawal deadline at the end of this year, "few" Green Beret teams are embedded at the village level,

I left Kunar Province this past November. We had 2 SF teams on the FOB. Rarely were they permitted outside the wire. "Too risky" the command said. Regular Army troops and civilians had more time outside the wire than the guys who were supposed to live out there.

Glad you are home and in one piece. Selfish? bleep yes, sue me.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!

Glad to have you home and in one piece.

RAH!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Ford289HiPo

Howie66 & EC,

Thanks. It was really too short of a contract. I was hired as a filler, and only spent 6 weeks on the FOB before we lost the contract and were sent home. Given all the hoops I was forced to jump through to take the position, it was a stinking poor return on investment for the American people, who ultimately paid my salary.
I did get to check out my old clinic and touch my old ambulance on Bagram Air Base though!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf